Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by richardwft
SGN may be more likely.
SGN is not where his fiance is tho!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Guessing no more rumour on Tivat? So want to go in 2019.so guessing need to go non OW.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Given that it was around one year ago the rumour about Tivat started, do we have any information or update?

Could BA launch this route now in S20?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:23 pm

Well it seems Montenegro Airlines has collapsed and of course that’ll be the end of their Gatwick to Tivat route.

Given that BA was rumoured to start a service a few years back, maybe BA could take it on for next summer. It would be a good route for the E190 from LCY while business travel is down.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
It really is a beautiful place. Podgorica was of course going to start last year on BA but Tivat is so much more convenient for the Kotor area
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by chipster
It really is a beautiful place. Podgorica was of course going to start last year on BA but Tivat is so much more convenient for the Kotor area
We were booked on the Podgorica route for July but it was a long drive to Kotor so Tivat would be brilliant if we rebook Kotor one day.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:37 am

Would be awesome if BA did launch Tivat- Kotor is an incredible part of the world!
paulaf likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by londonba2014
Would be awesome if BA did launch Tivat- Kotor is an incredible part of the world!
It is! And still, relatively, untouristed compared to other parts of the Adriatic.
EuropeanPete and londonba2014 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:38 pm

I always said BA should have launched Tivat over Podgorica if they were aiming it at tourists. The coast of Montenegro attracts wealthy/classy visitors and BA and BA Holidays would do well in that market.

Now admittedly I don’t know what the make up of passengers was on Montenegro Airlines, but with them gone, BA can take some of their traffic. I think the major turnoff for BA though is the presence of EZY. A thin route, with a low cost carrier already on it, makes it harder for BA, but I believe it’s worth a shot from LCY.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I always said BA should have launched Tivat over Podgorica if they were aiming it at tourists. The coast of Montenegro attracts wealthy/classy visitors and BA and BA Holidays would do well in that market.

Now admittedly I don’t know what the make up of passengers was on Montenegro Airlines, but with them gone, BA can take some of their traffic. I think the major turnoff for BA though is the presence of EZY. A thin route, with a low cost carrier already on it, makes it harder for BA, but I believe it’s worth a shot from LCY.
with CF moving to Southampton at the weekends, I could see a Southampton to Tivat route, the marketing writes itself

”from our coast to yours, via BA”
Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
The coast of Montenegro attracts wealthy/classy visitors and BA and BA Holidays would do well in that market.
The clientele I found there were mainly Russians in their version of Marbella, but YMMV of course
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Confus
The clientele I found there were mainly Russians in their version of Marbella, but YMMV of course...
Someone hits the nail on the head.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Personally I doubt BA feel the need to add Tivat alongside DBV. We made the border crossing in August 2019 with no great hassle and they’d just opened a second crossing which will increasingly help split and reduce any congestion.

Concentrating the traffic at DBV lets BA increase frequencies and in turn improves their connection options for TATL traffic, DBV being very popular for North Americans.

And selfishly I hope to make another trip before Montenegro gets more over-touristed.

Originally Posted by TravelNew
Someone hits the nail on the head.
Met 8 different nationalities in our small hotel in Perast. No other Brits and no Russians.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
Personally I doubt BA feel the need to add Tivat alongside DBV. We made the border crossing in August 2019 with no great hassle and they’d just opened a second crossing which will increasingly help split and reduce any congestion.

Concentrating the traffic at DBV lets BA increase frequencies and in turn improves their connection options for TATL traffic, DBV being very popular for North Americans.
I understand what you are saying, but on the other side of the Adriatic BA serve both Bari and Brindisi. They are only about an hour apart but both maintain a good service. So I don’t see why Tivat and Dubrovnik couldn’t co-exist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.