Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 points Mileage run

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
If you're flying enough to get this close to silver, I'm assuming it's about 40k miles per year flown and 30 segments.

So, for £100 + a pleasant day out you get:

30 × lounge access (though this would be included if you mostly fly business) - £300?
~20 × priority secuirty - £100?
0.25 × miles flown extra = 10k avios, worth £100
Seat selection on every flight at the time of booking and a better choice of seats to pick from, which will vary in value depending on the tickets and airlines you buy (£150?)

But being conservative with the financial value, you're looking at £750 of benefits for £100 of spend + the value of your time. (And if your time is valuable, being able to spend it in a lounge, working, rather than the general area of the airport needs to be factored in).
That's a good analysis. For me, I'd also have to add in the cost of fuel to the airport and a day of parking. That would push the £100 up quite significantly.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: One world
the cost is £350 (not £100)...but your summary of benefits is well made. I am UK based and do 3-4 US trips a year...rest is mainly Moscow, Turkey and Spain. I wasn't aware that at kiosk upgrades dont get you extra TP. In Europe its always economy...US trips mostly premium or business

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.