Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold priority rewards restriction

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by volar
Useful to know that this is possible. When I tried, the agents I spoke to understood what I wanted to do and why it should be possible, but the option was not available on their system to release seats for the flights. This couldn't be overridden by a supervisor either. I think I tried this very early on after the Titan flights were scheduled, so perhaps there's been learning since (or perhaps the GGL line has superior powers which the Gold line does not have!). Either way, thanks for the update.
GGL agents will have contacts/insight that agents on the normal line won’t have. So I would rate your chances at achieving this as <5% without GGL’s help
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I've booked a V bucket redemption before on Comair, not recently though. Has this been changed in the last year or so?
Was this over the phone? I haven't been able to book V class on Comair back in June 2017, never tried before then.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BA6501
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Originally Posted by BA6501
FWIW the V-class benefit does not apply on Comair.
I've booked a V bucket redemption before on Comair, not recently though. Has this been changed in the last year or so?
Was this over the phone? I haven't been able to book V class on Comair back in June 2017, never tried before then.
The position on these does seem to have changed from time to time, without warning or explanation.

I'm not sure what the current situation is, though - I haven't looked for a while.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Slightly OT, who controls release of award seats on Comair operated flights? BA or Comair themselves?
Comair.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The position on these does seem to have changed from time to time, without warning or explanation.

I'm not sure what the current situation is, though - I haven't looked for a while.
Just needed to look: Comair V class doesn't appear to be bookable as an award. On a day on which V class is available on every flight, ba.com says there's nothing available.

Interestingly, baredemptionfinder.com says that there is availability to a Gold but not a Blue that day. So this aspect of the website appears to look only at the V class figure, and does not apply any of the further conditions that BA itself seems to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.