Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkin Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Checkin Question

Never flew on a codeshare before. Booked on BA. PIT to JFK on AA. JFK to LHR on BA. LHR to JFK on AA and JFK to PIT on AA.
So, I have two PRNs. I’m just a tad confused. Thank you.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
What's the question?

If it's where to checkin, then the answer is with the operating airline. You'll have 2 PNRs because BA and AA are on different systems (Amadeus and Sabre respectively if I recall), so there is an entry in each
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:04 pm

What are you confused about? You checkin with the operating carrier.

People fly on codeshares every day of the week, in fact sometimes there are benefits in doing so.

Last edited by rossmacd; Oct 13, 2018 at 9:11 pm
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I understand now. Thank you.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
It seems to be a common question, I'm not a frequent flyer by FT standards, I certainly didn't know when I first came across this scenario. Thinking about it at the time, I realised it must be the operating carrier, because often they are in different terminals.
Cymro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.