Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Hong Kong Lounge Question

Can any of the HK regulars tell me if I have any lounge access in the terminal whilst waiting for a couple of hours before taking the ferry to Zhuhai? GCH arriving from LHR in CW and as I understand it I am still in transit as I do not clear immigration until I get off the ferry on the mainland.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think you will be in a separate part of the terminal from the departure lounges ie when you leave the aircraft you will be in the arrivals flow and follow signs for the Macau ferries ( departures lounges will be in the departure area) so I do not think so.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
no. not at the skypier nor can u access the departure lounges
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
Thanks TBS and kaka - only passed through HKIA once before so appreciate your knowledge 👍

Edited to add:
For anyone else travelling there is only a 7/11 convenience store in the skypier so suggest you don’t go through the gate from the terminal transit area until 30-45 minutes before boarding.

There are some noodle bars and a Pret A Manger in the transit area E1 and E2 so best hang out there.

Took the new Macau/Zhuhai Bridge back from the mainland to the Airport as it has only been open for 2 weeks. A truely stunning feat of engineering covering 55km across the mouth of the Pearl River Delta. Not many pax headed for the Airport and problems taking credit cards so best to have 200RMB Cash. The airport transfer bus is actually a fleet of Mercedes/Toyota 5 seater minivans and in reality they are happy to go with only 2 pax so effectively a private transfer.

Allow about 1hr 20 including customs and ticketing.

Having just Lounge hopped from The Wing F Lounge to The Deck opposite the BA Gates 15/16 I think it is actually a nicer place to be for a couple of hours.

Robespierre

Last edited by Robespierre; Nov 7, 2018 at 6:43 am Reason: Adding experience from the trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.