Search

FRA this morning....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The Cathay lounge is OK ( 2 seating areas) with breakfast items and they started putting out hot items around 10am. It could get busy prior to the Cathay flight 1250 IIRC and closes around 2pm.

As mentioned above from 31 March 19 CX will expand to 10x weekly ( a 2040 flight is being added)

I had gone to the JAL lounge (being closer to the BA gate) only to find it was leaving from close to the CX lounge so went back for a few minutes. ( minimal security queue in Jan)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by 1flyer

As I've written on the forum before, I find the offering in the JL lounge (non-F part) miserable.
I sort of agree (and I don't find the F part much better - I think at times they try to put on a curry?) though I guess compared to TXL (BA lounge) or HAJ (3rd party lounge), the offer is ok ish (though yes, bland and non changing).
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by chris1979
I have been going through FRA 4/5/6 times a year for the last 20 years (showing my age). Agree, security at the gate is not great (they sometimes used to do even an additional one at the US / BA gates in the days of the BA lounge in the basement).

CX lounge is only open around the CX flight times - only actually ever been there once and it was pretty average (though they didnt have any food put out).

agree, JL gets busy in the afternoons and they don't open the F section until later on (late afternoon / early evening) when their own flights depart. I find the offering ok though - if you like Kartoffelsalad, Frankfurter and Sauerkraut!
The Kartoffelsalad, Frankfurters and Sauerkraut get old pretty quickly But the BA flights quite often depart from right outside and the lounge staff tend to put the call out quite early.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I must have something like 300+ segments from FRA T2. It has never been a very enjoyable experience, but at the same time, I never spent more than 15 mins waiting at security.

You lot must all be very much a Pechvogel.
15!?! its 15 only when i decide to be the last person boarding when the lounge people kick me out and theres only my flight leaving in the holding pen (so everyone at security is boarding the same flight)

I've been told by checkin to rush for immigrations, waltz pass the EU line, talk the customs people into stamping my tax receipt, get the tax refund, go to the loo in CX lounge, and still have a 20 minute queue for security.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I don't think I've ever had a less than 15 minute wait (unless travelling from T1).

I'd consider 15 minutes a result at FRA T2
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm at FRA now.
5hr+ wait for rebooking last night didn't help my mood, but no apparent priority anything here (well, one sign this morning for a RHO flight only).
Ok, it only took 20 mins this morning (compared to 2-3 mins at MAN the other day), but then leaving the JAL lounge without ever leaving airside and then another 36 mins of queuing for a now delayed flight with a gate change doesn't help.
Seemed to quite a few irate people in the queue who really didn't have any love for this.

Seriously, this is the worst airport I've ever been through.
Just seems to be badly signposted, long long walks to get to security points and queue after queue with no idea of what you're queuing for half the time.

The bus gates with the usual Groups 1-3 first onto buses and then everyone else before a complete scrum to board doesn't help either.
Quite a few people strolling unchallenged up the queue that was going down the stairs Ryanair style.

Last edited by xenole; Sep 12, 2019 at 12:59 pm
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
I had a flight back to LCY from gate D7 this morning and the security screening seemed to be even less efficient than usual. About 75% of people triggered the sensor for a pat down so the throughput was very slow, but the biggest hold up was on the X-ray monitoring. I stood at the end and could see that the image of my bag was studied for at least 60 seconds before being released without requiring a search.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Indeed, FRA T2 is getting worse. Had exactly the same experience a week ago - one minute per bag. It seems these people are intentionally slowing things down.

on the upside, food in JL F lounge has improved significantly,...
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Yes, in the past month or so it seems FRA T2 security has been getting much worse. T1 is bad occasionally, but T2 is just so much slower.

It is sheer incompetence on the staff’s part. When passengers are “caught” with a bottle of water, they are told to finish it - and the rest of the queue has to wait while that happens. Instead of asking the person to step aside...
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:10 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
T1 is also getting worse since a year, there is a lengthy thread on the subject in the LH board.
Overall FRA is getting is getting worse as an O&D passenger in the last 12 monhts, and MUC is also getting worse (other reasons though).
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonours, IHG, Bonvoy, KFC Colonel's club
Originally Posted by denhaagflyer
Indeed, FRA T2 is getting worse. Had exactly the same experience a week ago - one minute per bag. It seems these people are intentionally slowing things down.

on the upside, food in JL F lounge has improved significantly,...
Agreed on JL F lounge. More recently I have also seen the lounge manager at reception and walking through F and J to check on food and beverages.

Security is useless. Last December FRA security made national headlines for being painfully slow. I thought it would improve the service but clearly it hasn't.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:22 am

FRA are also completely useless at checking eligibility for priority queues. It's basically a free-for-all and when you mention it to the staff they just shrug and bark at you that you may complain to the management if you want. Same story with EU/non-EU passport control. They couldn't give a flying *#@! basically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.