Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:00 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Advice please - change of airline!

Flying from Dubai to LHR First Class end of November.

Plane is now showing as Air Belgium and is in Business and not first class.

What should we do?

Simply got an email to say we have had to change your seats due to operational reasons.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What is your preferred outcome? Can you depart on another flight or day?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Do you need / want the TP's? I would be tempted to get a refund and book with EK in this instance. J with Belgium air is certainly not F with BA...
pjh981 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:11 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What is your preferred outcome? Can you depart on another flight or day?
Probably this is BA104.

So it was a day flight leaving at 2pm - we can probably leave the day before / after etc. But not sure if other flights are affected. Obviously to stay another day will cost money. Leaving the day before cuts our trip short.

Not really sure if other flights are affected.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:12 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Do you need / want the TP's? I would be tempted to get a refund and book with EK in this instance. J with Belgium air is certainly not F with BA...
yes, need them to get to Gold again
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Would booking under the QF codeshare on EK do the trick for you?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:16 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Don’t know if possible but could you not ask for a change to the EK/QF codeshare Booking on a QF flight number?

S

Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Is your booking showing simply as a seat change, or does it imply the original flight has been cancelled (and replaced almost like for like).

If it's a simple downgrade you should get a 75% reimbursement - which may be enough for you to accept Air Belgium J (and you should get your F TPs I assume).

But BA may/have tried to wriggle out of that in the past by calling it a cancellation with adequate notice: then they are only obliged to offer you a rerouting or refund (and if you then stick with J they will try to only give you the fare difference, not 75%).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
So as this applies to me equally, I can rebook, or if I stick with Air Belgium I am entitled to 75% of the cost of half of my F return ticket.......have I read the regs correctly? And that would be payable after the flight within 7 days?

And if I stick with AB, would I still be able to claim full BA F TP's and Avios?

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:22 am

Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium

Abu Dhabi has been impacted previously.
Dubai now appears to be the next victim:

British Airways has leased an aircraft from Air Belgium (KF) to be operated for a limited period on services between London (LHR) and Dubai (DXB).

The following guidelines are available for customers impacted by this change.
Advice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight has been changed to an Air Belgium (KF) operated wetlease flight

Flights/Dates affectedBA105/01NOV-14DEC LHR-DXB
BA104/02NOV-15DEC DXB-LHR
Tickets issued by02 Oct 2018
Rebooking for ALL customers
Rebook onto an alternative British Airways operated service between London Heathrow (LHR) and Dubai (DXB) or v.v. Rebook on the same date or as close to the original date of travel as possible.
Rebook into the same class as original or lowest available class in the same cabin
Additional options for First customers downgraded to KF’s Business cabin
There is no First cabin on the KF operated flight, so all First customers have been rebooked in the Business Class cabin.
If the customer no longer wishes to travel on a KF operated flight:
• The customer may use the value of their ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket to an alternative destination
If the customer still wishes to travel in the Business Cabin on a KF operated flight:
• Customer will receive the appropriate % refund value –this will be automatically processed once the customer has travelled by Global Refunds (do not Q booking)
The customer will retain their First baggage allowance, Concorde Room access and Avios / Tier Point earningAdditional options for WTP customers
There is no World Traveller Plus cabin on the KF operated flight, so all customers have been rebooked into KF’s Economy cabin
If the customer no longer wishes to travel on a KF operated flight:
• The customer may use the value of their ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket to an alternative destination
If the customer still wishes to travel in the Economy Cabin on a KF operated flight:
• Customer will receive the appropriate % refund value –this will be automatically processed once the customer has travelled by Global Refunds
The customer will retain World Traveller Plus baggage allowance and Avios / Tier Point earningRefunds Allowed - No unless fare rules permitThe cabin change refund will be processed automatically. One involuntary ticket change allowed from above options
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by pauldb
Is your booking showing simply as a seat change, or does it imply the original flight has been cancelled (and replaced almost like for like).

If it's a simple downgrade you should get a 75% reimbursement - which may be enough for you to accept Air Belgium J (and you should get your F TPs I assume).

But BA may/have tried to wriggle out of that in the past by calling it a cancellation with adequate notice: then they are only obliged to offer you a rerouting or refund (and if you then stick with J they will try to only give you the fare difference, not 75%).
The communication was a seat change email, and in MMB, the flight is redlined and then replaced with exactly the same flight number (BA104)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Omba
So as this applies to me equally, I can rebook, or if I stick with Air Belgium I am entitled to 75% of the cost of half of my F return ticket.......have I read the regs correctly? And that would be payable after the flight within 7 days?

And if I stick with AB, would I still be able to claim full BA F TP's and Avios?

Thanks
See this thread Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium for your options and re normal F benefits.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
I don’t want to hi-jack Gentle Giant’s topic but this affects me and I would like to ask a question. Would that be okay? It looks like Air Belgium have 4 A340s.

edited again. I am 11th-16th Dec so unaffected after all. Phew!

Last edited by Shingi; Oct 3, 2018 at 5:49 am Reason: Addition
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by charlieboy77
Abu Dhabi has been impacted previously.
Dubai now appears to be the next victim:

British Airways has leased an aircraft from Air Belgium (KF) to be operated for a limited period on services between London (LHR) and Dubai (DXB).

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Business Cabin on a KF operated flight:
• Customer will receive the appropriate % refund value –this will be automatically processed once the customer has travelled by Global Refunds (do not Q booking)
The customer will retain their First baggage allowance, Concorde Room access and Avios / Tier Point earning

Thanks, and by Appropriate % they mean 75% of half the ticket do they?.....
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:48 am

Sorry, I have plenty of EU261 for delay practice, none for downgrades!......would there be also be a refund based on fare differential, as well as the 75% compensation payment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.