Search

BA at London-Gatwick 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
So what’s this now BA have 3 uniquely different London - Milan routes

cs
Four I think: LHR-LIN; LHR-MXP; LCY-LIN; LGW-BGY.

It will also take them up to 15 departures a day on some days which is a pretty impressive schedule.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:29 pm

Why does BA use Gatwick and not consolidate everything at Heathrow? It's probably a stupid question
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Why does BA use Gatwick and not consolidate everything at Heathrow? It's probably a stupid question
Because (a) there's limited space at LHR and (b) LGW is a popular airport in itself and preferable to LHR for many people based in and around London (including me). BA also serves LCY for the benefits that offers.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Because (a) there's limited space at LHR and (b) LGW is a popular airport in itself and preferable to LHR for many people based in and around London (including me). BA also serves LCY for the benefits that offers.
Thanks for the info
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
There are not nearly enough take off and landing slot pairs available. Slot pairs are now selling for $75 million at LHR.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by t8191
hnl non-stop? Where are the tps in that? Who is this person??
Originally Posted by cymro
bkk might work if it transferred wholesale.

Hkt would be very cool, though it's made easier by the ability to transfer through kul.

Hnl non-stop on an ex-dy 787
Originally Posted by bhbloke
enough lh airframes to squeeze in bali a couple of times a week?

(maybe as an add on to the bkk route)
dps
bos
cpt
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by SKRan

dps
bos
cpt
BA could happily do LGW-DPS with an A350. Just no spare aircraft at the moment.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:08 am
ECR

The March edition of the BA Business Life inflight magazine has a feature on Belfast, and says that BA flies daily from Belfast to Gatwick and Heathrow.

Unfortunately I suspect that it is just an error rather than a new domestic route from Gatwick.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
According to thebasource, three A320s (G-EUUW, UY and UZ) were transferred yesterday from LHR to LGW. Presumably, this is for the start of the summer schedule.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Since January at least 3 A320 have been sent to Gatwick each weekend to help cover the extra weekend flights both scheduled and chartered. They have returned Sunday evenings. However with the summer schedules starting tomorrow they will probably staying longer.
As we near the peak summer season more A320s will probably be joining them. A320 regularly seem to swap between the bases nowadays with the exception of the G-GAT aircraft.
Gatwick based aircraft are also coming to the end of their winter maintenance programmes. At the moment the G-MID aircraft are also being reconfigured from 168 to 180 like the LHR aircraft. I think a couple have been done already.This will allow all A320 aircraft to serve both bases if necessary without causing scheduling issues regarding seat numbers. I believe the G-GAT aircraft are staying at 177 seats though.
TedToToe and volar like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

With the new deliveries of A320/A321NEO aircraft to LHR in recent months BA has enough A320 aircraft to cover all flights this summer using its own metal. I believe they have taken delivery of at least 12 new A320/A321 aircraft and only retired 2 A319.
The 777 fleet at Gatwick will also be increased to 14/15 aircraft. However like the A320s the G-YMM series seem to interchange regularly these days. G-RAES has also become a Gatwick regular recently.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
With the new deliveries of A320/A321NEO aircraft to LHR in recent months BA has enough A320 aircraft to cover all flights this summer using its own metal. I believe they have taken delivery of at least 12 new A320/A321 aircraft and only retired 2 A319.
The 777 fleet at Gatwick will also be increased to 14/15 aircraft. However like the A320s the G-YMM series seem to interchange regularly these days. G-RAES has also become a Gatwick regular recently.
Having the aircraft is only 1 part, BA also need the crew to operate the aircraft, which is why one of the largest training programs ever is underway this year.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Just kinda BA but NQY vanishes from the BA route map today, the 3xdaily E95 route is being transferred to LHR to become x4 daily on the Q400

however the codeshare has now gone as a result of the VS/STK purchase of BE

cs
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Bergamo is a nice little town to visit and a short bus ride from the airport. Hopefully the route will see some good value Club fares as this would be a nice overnight to gain 80 TPs.
I hope it isn't poor form to quote oneself. But BA have indeed filed a fare for the first couple of months of this route at £186 return in Club. Sadly no back-to-back or overnights as it has a 2-day minimum stay requirement, but anyone looking for a short break which cheaply yields 80 TPs could do worse.

Some more information on the fare here: https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/02/...p/?omhide=true
TedToToe likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

I wonder how BA will react to Delta/Virgin starting LGW to New York and Boston in 2020? Perhaps Norwegian has more to worry about concerning that though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.