Wiki Posts
Search

BA209 Crew - Thank You

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
BA209 Crew - Thank You

Big thank you to the BA Crew on 209 to MIA yesterday. Moved an old boy with (I'm guessing) Parkinson's and his wife from WT to the relatively empty club cabin. Heartwarming stuff and absolutely the right thing to do. Brilliant.

(Couldn't find the BA crew kudos thread - and thought this deserved a new one anyway).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If you are so happy I would suggest filling out a staff thank you form on the BA website. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...er_compliments

I guess it helps the employees get recognised and you could just put in the flight number and date and the entire crew rather than one exact name. Maybe a nice thing to do if you are very happy.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Nice to do yes, do BA need to know NO.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by george77300
If you are so happy I would suggest filling out a staff thank you form on the BA website. https://www.britishairways.com/trave...er_compliments

I guess it helps the employees get recognised and you could just put in the flight number and date and the entire crew rather than one exact name. Maybe a nice thing to do if you are very happy.
Thanks. I'd already nominated the crew members for a Golden Ticket online, but not knowing if that ever actually gets to them or means much other than the nomination itself, I thought to share the feedback here in the (slight) hope that someone on the crew gets to see it.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Nice to do yes, do BA need to know NO.
Are you implying they could be in trouble for this?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Possibly.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
With everything about BA that transpires on this forum, it seems obvious to not let BA/Management know about this, so no Golden Ticket and no online Thank you form. This forum (and I personally would remove the flight info) or a direct thank you while disembarking is the best way to express gratitude.
EuropeanPete and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

But that’s ridiculous. Maybe there were operational reasons for doing it, safety, comfort of the travellers and other passengers.

That BA staff would be in trouble for such a gesture and the fact that gesture was recognised by another traveller as a good and right thing to do is poor indeed.

Feels to me like the only thing BA have going for them is the crew and, opportunities to celebrate good service would be welcomed.

That an effort to provide positive feedback gets this type of response on FT is bit isht frankly.
86BA7 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fin_dg
But that’s ridiculous. Maybe there were operational reasons for doing it, safety, comfort of the travellers and other passengers.

That BA staff would be in trouble for such a gesture and the fact that gesture was recognised by another traveller as a good and right thing to do is poor indeed.

Feels to me like the only thing BA have going for them is the crew and, opportunities to celebrate good service would be welcomed.

That an effort to provide positive feedback gets this type of response on FT is bit isht frankly.
CIHY is/was BA crew and has an operational perspective on this. I hope no one begrudges the poor passengers their upgrade but assuming you think it's a good thing, you do not want those crew to be punished for their human decency.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
I thought it was a lovely gesture. Maybe the crew member had experience of an elderly relative in similar circumstances. It is obvious the old boy's travelling companion was his wife and a full-time carer to him which is a stressful job in itself. The upgrade treat was as much for her as it was for him. Well done CC!
fin_dg likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:17 am
Original Poster

So instead of calling out human decency as a good thing we keep quiet about it? That’s complete bs. I’m done.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
This is a nice story and I'm sure even the grumpiest jobsworth would struggle to find fault with this, but if it's a possibility (even a remote one) that crew could be in trouble, ridiculous as that may seem (as it does to me) then probably best to be circumspect on the detail. CIHY has some authority in this regard!
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, the opposite in fact and I will continue to do similar acts of kindness but this has to be documented, is the OP sure the crew did this?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:35 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Exactly, and I do remember him mentioning one time at least that such behavior (basically upgrades at crew discretion) are not approved by the management. This is sad indeed, no denying. Nevertheless the image painted of BA management on this board should not be a surprise.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by fin_dg
So instead of calling out human decency as a good thing we keep quiet about it? That’s complete bs. I’m done.
In a word, yes. If somebody does a good thing by breaking the rules, that it still a good thing, but their employer does not need to know exactly what they did. I'm sure you can think of examples of this from your own professional field. Like many people on here, I have observed similar acts of kindness on various airlines. When I do, I go out of my way to write to the airline to commend the individual's outstanding customer service, but if I suspect they did more than they had authority to do, I do so circumspectly and omit anything that I think could possibly get the person into trouble. Common sense, really.
gms, nancypants and truncated like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.