Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2-4-1 - You can break your journey with stopovers - apparently not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*

Hello all - I am having some issues trying to book a 2-4-1 from SEA - BRI (Bari) for next summer. There is availability in J from SEA-LHR and Y availability from, LGW-BRI. If i put in a dummy booking for NCE or CDG for example, I have the option of the You can break your journey with stopovers " page and continue with a booking. For Bari, that option isn't offered; moreover, I also get the message, "
  • Error

• Sorry, BA Chase Companion Voucher can only be used for flights operated by British Airways. Your options are to either select Avios or select another route."
Am I missing anything as I thought the entire journey would be on BA metal, or would it be simply better to just call the call center?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Could it be the change from LHR to LGW that is causing the problem?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Hi there - I can book a similar itinerary for the SEA-NCE route arr. at LHR and dep: LGW, so no problem there.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
You should be able to. I have done it in the past via the web but I do find the website in this aspect buggy. Give BA a call and explain thto issue and you shouldn’t have to pay the telephone booking fee.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:36 pm

Is that Bari flight operated by one of the many wet leases that BA have going on at the moment by any chance (Titan, etc)? I think that throws the website off…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.