Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT+ to ORD. Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
It is a difficult situation when the person behind you does not want you to recline your seat.
I don’t like the seat in front being reclined into me, who does. But it’s a reclining seat, it’s part of the features offered. You have to lump it if the person in front reclines. No?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I find the recline of the WT+ seats to be rather extreme.
Whilst the recline is a nice feature that you have every right to use, it really does eat into your leg space and even at 5ft7ish, it does make it awkward to get out and reduces you're overall comfort level.

As for other comments, they do come across as a case of "tough s@#£":
Regardless of your status, you're just another forgettable face at the end of the day.
The crew aren't there for you. You're there to serve your own needs and make their lives easier regardless of cabin, status, how much you paid etc.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by dougzz

I don’t like the seat in front being reclined into me, who does. But it’s a reclining seat, it’s part of the features offered. You have to lump it if the person in front reclines. No?
Yes, that's my view too. The crew should have resolved this properly.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ed Size
That was just one aspect of the journey. I was more bothered by the Gin Tonic I did not get for the first meal, the drinks I did not get when I was ringing the bell and there is no alcoholic beverage with the second meal service. And it was not even that it was the whole "please leave me alone!" thing the crew did - it even seemed too much when I was asking for sparkling water with the meal. Everything outside their routine was just too much to ask for.

Anyhow may be my expectations are too high, but my wife felt the same way. At least they should offer some water between the two services. If you go not back to the galley you just did not get enough to drink for the amount of time you spending in that plane.

And as I said I m not talking about quality yet, but chicken with a strong fishy taste could even be avoided by the cheapest fastfood chains.
Did you ask them for a G&T when they brought the meal? I've never been refused, even between meals in Y and WT+ . CW I've not had to ask, it just arrives.

Last edited by endoman; Sep 12, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by xenole
I find the recline of the WT+ seats to be rather extreme.
So whats the conclusion? Not to recline? When I walked back I could see that the guy who complained also reclined to the very end.

I never recline on short haul Y since this don t give me any extra space or so, but the recline on the WT+ was one of the best features of that flight - without this it would make close to no sense to book WT+
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:26 pm

I've had a lacklustre service in F on this same route. Means little by itself, just another data point, but poor service isn't necessarily confined to WT+
Ed Size likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by endoman
Did you ask them for a G&T when they brought the meal?
I asked when the meal was served, only alcoholic options with the meal red/wihte wine and beer.

In CW I had times when I need to stop the flow of G&T

Last edited by Ed Size; Sep 12, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Sounds like a poor performance. You should have gotten your G&T and I don't think the member of the cabin crew should have asked you to move because you reclined your seat. If there were empty seats the person who did not like it should have moved. But let me ask you again, Ed Size, when you asked for a G&T, did they refuse? If they did, did they give an explanation? No alcoholic beverage with the second meal service sounds bizarre.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Worth remembering it is World Traveller Plus not Club World minus. I go expecting the better hardware and a vaguely edible main meal. With expectations calibrated at that level the product is perfectly serviceable and a big step up from the back.
endoman and Ed Size like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andriyko
But let me ask you again, Ed Size, when you asked for a G&T, did they refuse? If they did, did they give an explanation? No alcoholic beverage with the second meal service sounds bizarre.
They told me that I can t order G&T with the meals since, they don t have it on the trolley - they asked me to order it when they done with the meal service - that´s when I pushed the bell and no showed up - so I went back to the galley and got me one.

With the second meal service (the one before you arrive in ORD after a daylight flight) they just did not had any alcohol on the trolley, and even sparkling water was not easy to get, since it was not on any trolley.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Had same experience about a month ago in CW, even.....and have had the same indifferent service in WT+ out of ORD....I avoid going out of ORD if I can but,being in BNA and with the nonstop out of BNA being twice the price, I don't have a choice sometimes...trying to stay on AA metal when I can.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Worth remembering it is World Traveller Plus not Club World minus. I go expecting the better hardware and a vaguely edible main meal. With expectations calibrated at that level the product is perfectly serviceable and a big step up from the back.
Even if a service like the one I got was done in WT I would complain about it - maybe I m spoiled since I haven t flown any longhaul in Eco or Eco+ for the last 15 years. The hardware was totally what I expected. I always found the crews on BA very very nice, you could joke with them and they give you even more then you can expect, so I thought this was kind of their DNA, did not see the link to the class of service.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Even if a service like the one I got was done in WT I would complain about it - maybe I m spoiled since I haven t flown any longhaul in Eco or Eco+ for the last 15 years. The hardware was totally what I expected. I always found the crews on BA very very nice, you could joke with them and they give you even more then you can expect, so I thought this was kind of their DNA, did not see the link to the class of service.
Nothing that you describe sounds normal. There should have been a drinks service before the meal service and you should have gotten your drink with the second meal service. It has nothing to do with the class of service. I've done many flights in WTP and I don't recognize your experience.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
My first First was on the BA297 LHR-ORD service earlier in the year and was sadly lacking.

I only realised how poor it was after the amazing service I received on the two other First sectors afterwards. Unsure if there's any conclusion to be drawn about this route but thought I'd share as a data-point.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
My first First was on the BA297 LHR-ORD service earlier in the year and was sadly lacking.

I only realised how poor it was after the amazing service I received on the two other First sectors afterwards. Unsure if there's any conclusion to be drawn about this route but thought I'd share as a data-point.
I would not generalize, to be honest. MF work ORD, and I had an excellent F flight, as well as excellent CW flights, with them on that route. I recently had really lackluster Eurofleet cabin crew, and it reminded me that on the rare occasions that I'd observe that cabin crew were bad it'd be Eurofleet, however I do not allow myself to generalize.
Ed Size and CloudGazer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.