Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA just deposited 100,000 Avios into my account for problems on my flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

Geez....I just did an end-of-my-year Mileage Run on a paid J ticket LAX-LHR-BOM-LHR-LAX. I paid only $2600 after all discounts. I have no status with BA but Executive Platinum with AA (OWE), as I credit everything to AA.

This was a 2-hr turn in BOM due to 787 cancellation so BA staff met me at the plane and I didn't even have to go through Indian Immigration!

LAX-LHR A380, my J seat had NO TV options, tried resetting the system 6 times before I went to sleep.
LHR-BOM 777, my J seat's lumbar and headrest buttons both were inoperable. Bed worked fine, though.
BOM-LHR 777, I upgraded Using Avios to F, and the screen had NO movie or TV options available. (I didn't send in a complaint, as the FA told me there were multiple seats affected by this outage. and they would pro-actively deposit 20k Avios into my account.
LHR-LAX 747, no issues, except the plane was filthy and grimy, including a dinner knife sitting on the storage cubby on the UD next to my seat.

I sent a comment/complaint to BA through their website about the issues on the first two legs.

I just got a call from BA telling me they were depositing 80k Avios for my seat not working and the 20k for the screen failure in F.

Holy Jesus.....100k Avios???????? I think I need to go play the lottery today.......

Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Awesome
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Amazing. I had to escalate to something called the “Chairman’s Office” to get 20k for a non working CW seat. Maybe BA is starting to realise that they were taking the proverbial mickey during the last couple of years..
rockflyertalk and ajamieson like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
To be fair, I just got 5,000 avios for a partially-catered CE flight...
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
That's mighty impressive,

Maybe all of us affected by the data breach will get a similar amount. .
florens, Lizie, KeaneJohn and 2 others like this.

Last edited by LSunbury; Sep 6, 2018 at 3:08 pm Reason: sp
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I got 40,000 split between 4 people in a household account. The took a 4 figure sum more than required off me than they should have for a re route following an accident. They downgraded 2 sectors on the return to Y, left me on hold at various times for a total of more than 3 hours.
You have done well!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Prepare for a devaluation!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

Bank error in your favour..
obduro, Nick0514 and Calum like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:47 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:38 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Prepare for a devaluation!
I think a devaluation is already approved? They have an IT issue implementing it though (separate to the breach though!) and its coming!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Wow - I got nothing for cancelled flights and then a downgrade the next day, followed by miserable dismissive customer services. Still waiting to get differences in taxes owed a few months later. Pleased someone got lucky.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher

I think a devaluation is already approved? They have an IT issue implementing it though (separate to the breach though!) and its coming!
Is this conjecture, or do you have some juicy intel?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
Wow - I got nothing for cancelled flights and then a downgrade the next day, followed by miserable dismissive customer services. Still waiting to get differences in taxes owed a few months later. Pleased someone got lucky.
depening on what happened you may be due compensation and/or fare refund under ec261. Check the ec261 thread (linked to in the dashboard) for more details.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
They definitely have recognised they are not doing well on the customer service front. I was part of a focus group to validate ideas from a previous focus group for how things like this should be handled.

It seems the way it is heading is that all things like this are going to be handled at the point of the problem and you will get a compensation menu to decide how they are going to make it up to you.

The one I saw included Avios, food/drinks, vouchers for flights/high street shops/duty free etc
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:04 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by markle
I'm going to guess someone fat-fingered an extra 0
Actually, no!

The gal on the phone told me 80k Avios and I had her clarify EIGHT-ZERO???? Because I thought 8,000 sounded like typical BA!

Also, the FA in First offered me either the 20k Avios OR a 100 GBP Travel Voucher on BA.
DeathSlam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.