Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight time change makes connection impossible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight time change makes connection impossible

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
do we know the flight times because if this is the day flight the OP could be hitting the last LHR-MAN flight of the day and the only rebooking option for the next day,
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
BA202, BA212 & BA214 all arrive into LHR early morning so OP should have several MAN flights after the one booked on in the event of a missed connection.

BA238 arrives at 18:55 so won't be this one if there's a 3 hour layover as the last flight to MAN is before 9pm.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all I feel reassured and think I will let the day play out. Yes this is an am arrival 6:30 and 8:05 I think to MAN so multiple later flights. I have been through T 5 and have done this transfer though with considerably more time
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:42 pm

Easiest and most convienent would be if you just request assistance with BA. They will most likely have a golf cart waiting for you at the gate then, they will guide you trough immigration + customs and you will be much faster than any regular traveler.
In case you don't want this, don't worry about the short connection, since you're traveling on 1 ticket, BA will just put you on the next available flight free of charge.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Since you’re in first, don’t forget that you have access to the Concorde room at T5 before your MAN flight. Another reason to change to a later flight imo.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Fuyao I did wonder if that would make it better or worse? Might I not have to wait for everyone else to get off and or wait for the assistance?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
A little pedantic but it wouldn't be a connection if it wasn't on a single ticket. You're right to check though.
True...but how many posts do we see talking about "connections" when the poster IS in fact travelling on separate tickets?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by fuyao
Easiest and most convienent would be if you just request assistance with BA. They will most likely have a golf cart waiting for you at the gate then, they will guide you trough immigration + customs and you will be much faster than any regular traveler.
In case you don't want this, don't worry about the short connection, since you're traveling on 1 ticket, BA will just put you on the next available flight free of charge.
The OP will only do immigration at LHR. Her bags will be checked through to MAN which is where customs will take place. Most likely this will mean picking up the red phone in the baggage hall if there is anything to declare.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fuyao
having seen the many reports of poor service from the omniservce run special assistance at T5 I really wouldn’t be confident in suggesting you would be much faster, if anything using them involves being much slower than everyone else!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by golfmad
A little pedantic but it wouldn't be a connection if it wasn't on a single ticket. You're right to check though.
Precisely why I asked!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Wanda7
Fuyao I did wonder if that would make it better or worse? Might I not have to wait for everyone else to get off and or wait for the assistance?
Yes, but the trade off is that now you have someone whose job it is to get you to your connecting flight on time.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Katja
Yes, but the trade off is that now you have someone whose job it is to get you to your connecting flight on time.
unfortuately there have been plenty of reports of them not doing that though. I wouldn’t rely on omniserve to see it as their job sadly. Obviously if they OP needs assistance they should book it, but don’t do it under the impression that by doing so you would be guaranteeing some speedy passage through the airport.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:44 pm

Having used the disabled service at Heathrow this summer I have to say it was really decent as long as everything was going to plan. We had a short transfer and they got us there with time to spare. Bit of a bummer our next plane was delayed and cancelled and then you see that when you go off script everything goes to hell in a handbasket. But for this transfer I wouldn’t worry. They’ll be there when you land, get you in a buggy and thru customs and security in a heartbeat. Heck you might even have time to enjoy a quick stop at a lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all again. I am borderline for being able to do this unassisted probably as there would be no stopping to rest as the longer layover would have allowed. I think I will have to decide closer to the time on the assistance depending on my capabilities then

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.