Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fresh Orange Juice Enhanced away LGW Flounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mmogdan
the sign which used to state “Fresh Orange Juice” but instead now says “Orange Juice”
Looks like BA were quicker to correct the signage than when they eventually removed “Fast” from “Fast Bag Drop”. The snaking queues of people eventually proved too much of a giveaway.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I had two flights in F last month and on neither was the orange juice freshly squeezed, is this a further enhancement of service, or was I just unlucky? And is freshly squeezed juice still available in T5 F lounge?

I concur that it is daft continuing to serve very expensive champagne and whisky which appeal to perhaps 50% of BA customers (including me, I must add) while cutting out a premium non-alcoholic drink that is appreciated by nearly everyone, and probably costs a tiny fraction of the amount spent on champagne.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Originally Posted by mmogdan

i certainly will. Can anyone confirm if LHR also has been enhanced away?

on the bright side I noticed we still have the “hard cheese” at LGW
It was gone from LHR GF when I was there yesterday. The new stuff is awful.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by Jonathan2712
It was gone from LHR GF when I was there yesterday. The new stuff is awful.
Yes. It's a real shame for those of us who don't like to drink alcohol when flying
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Ah yes, so I was in CCR on Friday and the juice was definitely subpar. I commented loudly enough to be overhead by someone who appeared to be in a management rank who said that this apparently is a freshly squeezed juice but the supplyer has changed and it looks/tastes different. As far as I can tell it was definitely not a fresh juice. I guess GF gets the same thing.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Ah yes, so I was in CCR on Friday and the juice was definitely subpar.
There was a report from someone else last week related to the reduced quality orange juice in the CCR. I'll try to find out.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:08 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I dread to think what they might be serving in Galleries Club. It's probably manufactured in a lab by Monsanto.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by V10
I dread to think what they might be serving in Galleries Club.
Tang
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Sometimes one thinks that this Forum does nothing but drink Champagne. It’s quite refreshing (excuse pun) to learn otherwise.

Fresh squeezed juice for me is when someone has, that morning, taken oranges and squeezed them. You can tell at once because the zest will still smell. There are fairly good bottled ones but, sadly, pressurised cabins are not kind to it and it can go off very quickly once opened.

Now if I was presenting juice, I always squeezed a Lemon into it as the zest of the lemon lifts the cartoned stuff. I’m going through the Gatwick Floungr and I’ll ask. I’ll bet you Alex Cruz’s pay check that they’ll say that there supply problems. This has brought us Jaquart Rosé Champagne and Tattinger regular. This is no help per se, but it might just be temporarily permanent!
dylanks likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Interesting addition, PUCCI, but surely the zest of the lemon is in the skin on the outside, while the squeezed juice is in the segments on the inside! Adding a twist is, however, a good idea ... assuming lemon slices haven’t been enhanced.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:32 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Correct uncle T but the very squeeze should release some the the zest. When it’s done with those machines they rub against each other. Quite erotic really.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, erotic citrus. Now you have my full attention.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can shed some light on this, but the short version is they are now back to the previous fresh orange juice supply.

The replacement orange juice was also freshly squeezed, but there were quite a few complaints, and they are back to the previous fresh orange juice, presumably from Brakes. It was a bit of a mystery why it didn't taste right, the labelling indicated no preservatives and what-not, but much fresh orange juice comes from Florida (even if it is actually a mix of sources) - the suspicion is that the temporary interloper was mainly Spanish, which would have a more tart flavour.
dylanks likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All Hail, CWS, the Oracle of BAFT ^
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can shed some light on this, but the short version is they are now back to the previous fresh orange juice supply.

The replacement orange juice was also freshly squeezed, but there were quite a few complaints, and they are back to the previous fresh orange juice, presumably from Brakes. It was a bit of a mystery why it didn't taste right, the labelling indicated no preservatives and what-not, .................
To my way of thinking the term “freshly squeezed” is invariably abused - even by a quality supermarket such as Waitrose, (let alone by the likes BA) which sells what it describes as “freshly-squeezed orange juice”.

Once a juice is put into bottles, along with labels etc, and moved around the country, it can no longer properly justify the term. A pure freshly-squeezed juice would have been squeezed on the very premises at which it is served / sold. It would involve nothing but the oranges ; and self-evidently there would be no labelling to consult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.