FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Retained Gold - Many Thanks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1925115-retained-gold-many-thanks.html)

ChrisB76 Aug 14, 2018 3:22 am

Retained Gold - Many Thanks

Hi All

Long time reader, but never had much to post.

Just retained BA Gold after my last trip and wanted to say thanks as it wouldn't have happened without all the great advice I've read on this forum.

Thanks
Chris

babats Aug 14, 2018 4:10 am

Originally Posted by ChrisB76 (Post 30080469)
Hi All

Just retained BA Gold after my last trip and wanted to say thanks as it wouldn't have happened without all the great advice I've read on this forum.

Thanks
Chris

Over 30 minutes since posted and no official welcome - Ambassadors must be having a siesta

newyorklondon Aug 14, 2018 4:24 am

Hi All

Thanks
Chris

It's great to bring us this news with your very first post. Welcome, and congrats!

rapidex Aug 14, 2018 4:28 am

Originally Posted by babats (Post 30080563)
Over 30 minutes since posted and no official welcome - Ambassadors must be having a siesta

Paging C-W-S

FlyerP Aug 14, 2018 4:33 am

Also a long time lurker. Just recently Gold for the first time thanks to all the info I’ve learned on here over the years.

newyorklondon Aug 14, 2018 5:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyerP (Post 30080602)
Also a long time lurker. Just recently Gold for the first time thanks to all the info I’ve learned on here over the years.

Two first-time posters bringing us golden news with their inaugural missives! I'm sure someone official will be along soon to formally welcome you. In the meantime, congrats!

corporate-wage-slave Aug 14, 2018 5:06 am

I don't think that has stopped some of our lovely forumites! But indeed welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the forum ChrisB76, where actually almost all experiences have some value to somewhere. There are many lurkers who follow this forum and often do a lot of searching rather than raise their head above the parapet, so I suspect even the most anodyne of snippets have a value somewhere. Welcome to the BA Board.

And welcome too to FlyerP, two are better than one! It's good to see you here too, there will be room for others too. Welcome also to the BA forum.

T8191 Aug 14, 2018 5:27 am

Gold is the new Silver ;)

Congrats to the 2 Goldies!

Ancient Observer Aug 14, 2018 7:31 am

T8191.
I think you are correct. Gold is today's silver.
In the past, "Gold" gave much the same benefits as GGL, (The real Concorde rooms, for instance), although the free other cards is an improvement.

T8191 Aug 14, 2018 8:22 am

With next 8 May not that far away, and with 3 trips in MMB (one non-earning 241) I shall be a more relaxed Gold when we’ve sorted what’s going to happen in April! We need/want that BA Sale to get the OH to the Caribbean for her birthday!! ;)

BA5E Aug 14, 2018 8:22 am

Congratulations and long may the Gold last. Have had 4 years of gold, but unfortunately am going to slip to silver next June