Retained Gold - Many Thanks

Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Retained Gold - Many Thanks

Hi All

Long time reader, but never had much to post.

Just retained BA Gold after my last trip and wanted to say thanks as it wouldn't have happened without all the great advice I've read on this forum.

Thanks
Chris
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ChrisB76
Hi All

Just retained BA Gold after my last trip and wanted to say thanks as it wouldn't have happened without all the great advice I've read on this forum.

Thanks
Chris
Over 30 minutes since posted and no official welcome - Ambassadors must be having a siesta
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:24 am

Hi All

Thanks
Chris
It's great to bring us this news with your very first post. Welcome, and congrats!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by babats
Over 30 minutes since posted and no official welcome - Ambassadors must be having a siesta
Paging C-W-S
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
Also a long time lurker. Just recently Gold for the first time thanks to all the info I’ve learned on here over the years.
T8191, Tocsin and ThatT1Feeling like this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyerP
Also a long time lurker. Just recently Gold for the first time thanks to all the info Ive learned on here over the years.
Two first-time posters bringing us golden news with their inaugural missives! I'm sure someone official will be along soon to formally welcome you. In the meantime, congrats!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think that has stopped some of our lovely forumites! But indeed welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the forum ChrisB76, where actually almost all experiences have some value to somewhere. There are many lurkers who follow this forum and often do a lot of searching rather than raise their head above the parapet, so I suspect even the most anodyne of snippets have a value somewhere. Welcome to the BA Board.

And welcome too to FlyerP, two are better than one! It's good to see you here too, there will be room for others too. Welcome also to the BA forum.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Gold is the new Silver

Congrats to the 2 Goldies!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
T8191.
I think you are correct. Gold is today's silver.
In the past, "Gold" gave much the same benefits as GGL, (The real Concorde rooms, for instance), although the free other cards is an improvement.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
With next 8 May not that far away, and with 3 trips in MMB (one non-earning 241) I shall be a more relaxed Gold when we’ve sorted what’s going to happen in April! We need/want that BA Sale to get the OH to the Caribbean for her birthday!!
firstlight likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Congratulations and long may the Gold last. Have had 4 years of gold, but unfortunately am going to slip to silver next June

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.