Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios and 2-4-1 but BA shows earning miles/tier points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Hi,

I have a booking for 3 people US - Europe in First including a 2-4-1. Had to call as it is an open jaw and the avios charge and $ charge is as expected ..... but when I look at my booking it shows that I would earn almost 20k miles and 500 tier points (each passenger). Is that normal that this is shown (but not applied then I fly) or did the manual booking/adjustment etc played out in my favor and I'm actually getting miles back when I fly?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Well shhhh then.
lorcancoyle, T8191 and argonath like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
I'm not telling them but if I actually get the tier points I might add some BA bookings to get to silver
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This is a public space. First rule of flight club and all...
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:54 am
Original Poster

And as I left our departure/arrival airports, timeframe, .... it would be hard (if not impossible) for anyone to go through all booking to check for similarities.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:18 pm

I've had this happen many times - that MMB shows Avios or OnBusiness bookings as earning points. Pretty much every time I booked over the phone rather than online.

They have never posted and usually MMB has fixed itself before the flight, the only exception was a flight to Moscow - this was corrected a day or two later though.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:24 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I’ve had a couple iOS avios upgrades from J to F where I’ve got the full F TP’s but never on a 241
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Avios and 2-4-1 but BA shows earings miles/tier points

I don't want to be picky but “earrings” has two Rs.
blitzen and flyerkit like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hypercrypt
I've had this happen many times - that MMB shows Avios or OnBusiness bookings as earning points. Pretty much every time I booked over the phone rather than online.

They have never posted and usually MMB has fixed itself before the flight, the only exception was a flight to Moscow - this was corrected a day or two later though.
makes sense as mine was manual too , but for the 1 in 100 chance I will keep my fingers crossed
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
The same thing happened with my open jaw earlier this year. All 4 flying on 2 for 1 Visa received miles and tier points. Easy way to get bronze status. There are other reports that the manual booking allows the avios and tier points to be credited.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I have a booking for 3 people US - Europe in First including a 2-4-1. Had to call as it is an open jaw and the avios charge and $ charge is as expected ..... but when I look at my booking it shows that I would earn almost 20k miles and 500 tier points (each passenger). Is that normal that this is shown (but not applied then I fly) or did the manual booking/adjustment etc played out in my favor and I'm actually getting miles back when I fly?
its normal that it will incorrectly show tier points and avios but I’m sorry to say that once flown it will be 0/0
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
I wonder if it’s the way they initially start work on the open jaw. I’ve had situations whereby they have to use the “BA internal credit card” in order to place the booking purely to calculate the correct taxes. Perhaps the vouchers are then applied afterwards which then temporarily causes this anomaly.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
I find it shows as earning until the ticket is issued then it zeros out. Has the ticket been issued yet?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I have this twice in the last couple of years but sadly neither have actually credited the points. So I think its more of a glitch on MMB but when it comes to it the points wont be credited....
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:25 am
Original Poster

One person got the points and for everyone else they disappeared ..... oh well I will see in a year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.