Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Doing the maths for EDI-LAS in CW ( and going WT+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doing the maths for EDI-LAS in CW ( and going WT+)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:34 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
Unfortunately earlier in the month - out 2nd, back 6th November.
If you read what I did above, you can do Y out and CW back for £1560ish. Get yourself the front exit row seats and you will have plenty of space, and come back via LAX for upper deck A380 CW. Much better than 2xWT+, you only need to sleep on the way back and you will get the Cathay First Lounge in LHR T3 on departure. Pretty much similar comfort on the way out, much more comfort on the way back for same ball park in price, more TP+avios/
bisonrav and Markie like this.

Last edited by PxC; Aug 5, 2018 at 11:42 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you book LGW-LAS-LHR, out 2 September (or Friday 31 August), back 12 September (or Sat 15 September), that is £897 in WTP. That looks to be a non combinable fare, so you would have to add in £75 for EDI-LGW-EDI, if HBO, and therefore comes in at about £965 all in. Probably needs a LGW hotel though given it would be on separate bookings. However the separate bookings would perhaps facilitate a POUG.
Hi,

Many thanks for that C-W-S. Appreciate it.

Tempting but I will stick with the LHR flights ( and will have luggage with me as I plan on doing a little shopping at the premium outlets ( some new balance shoes) and will enjoy the lounges at T3.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
TBS the different experience you will have on your upcoming two £1500 flights is truly staggering!
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
CW availability opened up!

Hi,

By way of an update, I have been checking availability quite regularly but just tonight I saw 5 CW seats become available with avios ( previously there was only from LGW) on my flight so I phoned BAEC tonight at 1940 ( minimal wait after the introductory spiel) and for 25k avios and c 85GBP and now in CW on the outbound LHR LAS (nothing on the return)

I looked at MMB and was allocated 18K but looked at the seat map and was able to grab 62K! (CW did look relatively empty so far per the seat map)

Looking forward to trying the new bedding and catering ( with lots of time to relax on the outbound)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
That's a very good result to get the upgrade. I am always a little torn about whether Club is better value on a daytime flight (when you can perhaps indulge a little more in terms of food and drink) or the overnight flight when you can benefit from the flat bed and sleep.

In terms of weather, it has cooled down a little recently. It was nudging 115F about a fortnight ago but it's just above 100F this week and dipping into the high 90s on occasion. Overnight it's getting down to the mid 70s so very pleasant.

I really don't agree that WT+ is "absolutely horrific" as someone else put it. That is a bit extreme in my opinion. Club is clearly better but WT+ is perfectly adequate for a daytime flight - even on a mid-J 747.

Enjoy your trip! If you fancy meeting up while you're here send me a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.