Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA shows one thing but it's not on Expertflyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seaskybound
Do we plebs have access to such tools? Or is it TA domain?
Only the airline (and possibly their close friends) will have this information.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

After our torrid love affair 10 years ago why would I be?
Misspelling. Horrid not torrid. Amazing that the entire nothing had slipped my mind.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Final update -the flight, operated by BA, ran perfectly. Thank you all for your help.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Amazing that the entire nothing had slipped my mind.
As has, evidently, knowing which year we’re currently in.

Perhaps your bucket list should be a kick-the-bucket list.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I've seen this recently on LHR-EZE of all places. A search for LHR-EZE say from 19-25th Sept will show no BA nonstop flights, but the return route the same dates will show a BA nonstop flight each day. So the 3-class 777-200 is just magically supposed to appear at Ezeiza each day? The return flights are really quite empty so I find it hard to believe the outbounds for a week solid (in term time) are all so full to the gills that30 days out that they no longer show at all in EF.

All joking aside: my corporate travel agent's website also doesn't show any of these LHR-EZE flights so I'm booking real J tickets for money on other carriers because of this issue.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Same issue on my regular route, the morning ZRH-LCY flight (departing at around 07:40am, BA8760) is currently not showing on EF for the next few days!? Don’t know what’s going on with the „out-of-sync“ mentioned above, but have never seen this before.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
My NAP-LGW flight not showing on EF?

23.8 (tomorrow). BA2605 at 22.55?, Any ideas?

On the same subject I have an Avios booking which is changeable. What are chances of changing to the 19.55 (BA 2611), if seats available can they do change a ticket office at airport?l
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I wouldn't worry about not showing on EF. Flights do sometimes strangely vanish, and then strangely can reappear.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Same issue regarding Saturday LHR-PHX flight that EF just doesn't see - a little annoying as its the first time I am flying in the riff raff class (J) in a long time and was hoping to see my opup chances...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Same issue regarding Saturday LHR-PHX flight that EF just doesn't see - a little annoying as its the first time I am flying in the riff raff class (J) in a long time and was hoping to see my opup chances...
If you leave the airline blank the Finnair and Iberia codeshares appear which show A9 and J9. You cannot see the detailed seat map for First though.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, this has been mentioned, um, a few times now. This thread is the most detailed of them.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 22, 2018 at 2:02 pm Reason: circular reference
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Rubecula
If you leave the airline blank the Finnair and Iberia codeshares appear which show A9 and J9. You cannot see the detailed seat map for First though.
AA shows me F as well, but I wanted to know how busy the J is - I see AA F7A7 - which is good start, but AA J7D0R0I0 , and wonder whether BA would be J7 or J9... Because AA only shows 7 seats max, i wanted to know whether it is actually 7 or BA sells 9
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by seaskybound
On the same subject I have an Avios booking which is changeable. What are chances of changing to the 19.55 (BA 2611), if seats available can they do change a ticket office at airport?l
To answer your other question, if it's a non-cash Avios redemption booking then it's cancellable up to 24 hours prior to the flight so leaving a change until you are at the airport is very unlikely to work. If there was award availability on the 2611 you'd be able to cancel your existing booking and book the new one in the next few years. However, there's no reward availability at the moment on the 2611 8/23 in either cabin (including additional inventory for gold card holders).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by golfmad
To answer your other question, if it's a non-cash Avios redemption booking then it's cancellable up to 24 hours prior to the flight so leaving a change until you are at the airport is very unlikely to work. If there was award availability on the 2611 you'd be able to cancel your existing booking and book the new one in the next few years. However, there's no reward availability at the moment on the 2611 8/23 in either cabin (including additional inventory for gold card holders).
Can I check baggage at NAP during the earlier flights checkin window?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I've recently developed my own flight tracking website and noticed that the flights as per airline websites and flight data providers/GDS sometimes are out of sync. It's a fairly rare thing, but nevertheless annoying when it happens.
Is it open to the public yet? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.