Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PrivatAir 737 op ex LGW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL;
Flew the Privat Air BBJ to VLC, yes the IFE and seat was switched off but still a much better hard product than the A320 up front, and on my flight the crew was exceptional, I think this is the lucky ticket for the Summer if your are flying out of LGW - It cannot last however as the aircraft will start transatlantic flights to EWR in the Autumn for Lufthansa once again.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
I can see the Privat air on a flight from Nice in mid-September so it looks like this is a fairly long-term arrangement.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Anyone been in ET yet? Know if it's M&S or complimentary??
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
It's comp
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:03 pm

Seats switched off as in unable to recline the seat?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton HONORS Silver
Don't know if it helps but BA 2768 15 Sep/BA 2769 16 Sep LGW/JER is about £250 CE return - out on the PrivatAir back on an A320...

Would love to do it - but my weekend off is the following one and dedicated to my last BA 767 flight.

Last edited by dpherraghty; Jul 29, 2018 at 12:05 pm Reason: Finger Trouble!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sadly, 3/4 of our legs on JER-LGW-MLA in Sep are Titanised. I was hoping to get one of these, recliner or not.

But who knows, with the chaos that BA is operating these days on s/h.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHons diamond
A pleasant couple of hours today flying back from Valencia on Privat Air. 15 of the 20 business (not branded as Club) seats were taken but I ended up with the entire front row to myself. One other set of two seats were free but the rest of the cabin was full on a 2x2 plan. One or two of those sitting side by side were obviously couples but the others seemed to be strangers so they missed out on the Club Europe promise of an empty seat next to them. 1a ( and I assume the others in the business cabin) offered unlimited leg room and the seat is obviously significantly wider than the BA 319/320 version.

It was great to have a view out of of four windows sitting in 1a compared to the usual Club Europe view. It was a similar seat and cabin experience to the A318 from London City to JFK. However, the seat electronics weren’t activated and it was fixed in the flat-bed take off and landing position. But the substantial headrest went up and down and had sturdy wings that much better than the BA versions where they exist. The seat had a foot rest for those with short legs.

2 crew for the business cabin, one German and one Scot. Both very pleasant and efficient but missing (in my view) the spark that generally sets BA crew apart. No Gold greeting and no sign of iPad or other BA admin. I suspect they wouldn’t have a clue about the BA tiers.

A comedy moment for the meal. There was no pre-printed menu. Instead the stewardess came with an A4 sheet which seemed to list the meals for a whole week’s rotation and then read out what was on offer for this flight. I was offered chicken or beef (but read out in the usual BA restaurant style that makes the food sound more special). I chose the beef but the Stewardess said she couldn’t be confident I would get beef because what what was identified on the package was often not what was inside...sure enough, I ended up with the chicken. It was the usual BA standard and came with the typical starter/cheese/desert served on the Valencia run. The only difference about the food was that we got Club World nuts...

Drinks were also from the usual BA branded trolley with the expected choice of champagne and wines etc. Proactive tops up offered on three or four occasions. All very satisfactory.

The divider curtain between club/business and economy remained open but wasn’t an issue. The business section seemed to take up nearly half the cabin and with two toilets at the back and one at the front the ratio of toilets to passengers presumably meant that no one had to queue for long.

The welcome announcement promised complimentary drinks and ‘snacks’ throughout the aircraft but I don’t know what that translates to in Economy.

One significant downside was that we went to a remote stand at Gatwick, which I have never had in regularly getting this flight from Valencia. Whilst it didn’t take long to unload the passengers we then spent 20 minutes getting to the terminal as the stand was way down the airport towards the control tower so we had to cross busy taxiways to get to the South Terminal.

The crew said that they were contracted through to October and hoped it would go longer than that.

Chicken or beef?

T8191 and volar like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I'm on this aircraft tonight. Only in ET at the moment, but will report back tomorrow.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
Sadly, 3/4 of our legs on JER-LGW-MLA in Sep are Titanised. I was hoping to get one of these, recliner or not.

But who knows, with the chaos that BA is operating these days on s/h.
Hah! A Lottery Win!! One of our Titan legs is now PrivatAir . Sadly its LGW-JER, and not LGW-MLA, but there is still time before September for further changes!
lavajava likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Got the magic beep at the gate: upgraded to 3F. As mentioned elsewhere there are 5 rows of lie-flat beds. At least one was not occupied. Seats wouldn't recline (not sure whether this was deliberate or they were faulty - they did look a bit old!). No IFE. Service was erratic. They missed our row when serving drinks so I had to remind them. They were inconsistent in which side of the row they served first. Food was either chicken salad or, my choice, croque monsieur, which was not particularly tasty, At one point we had four cabin crew serving in Club so I am not sure what happened in ET. They apologised for the lack of proper glasses.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Hah! A Lottery Win!! One of our Titan legs is now PrivatAir . Sadly its LGW-JER, and not LGW-MLA, but there is still time before September for further changes!
Be careful what you wish for. You might get switched to BA
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm assuming the tier points for flights operated by PrivatAir are the same as for a BA operated flight and post without problem? Just looking at booking now and the 40TP are needed for re-qualification so don't want any hassles.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by britenbsas
I'm assuming the tier points for flights operated by PrivatAir are the same as for a BA operated flight and post without problem? Just looking at booking now and the 40TP are needed for re-qualification so don't want any hassles.
They are normal BA flights yes. The 737 however is currently seriously tech and has been out of action since last Thursday!
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:29 pm

Experienced this myself to VLC today. Was not at a remote stand but unfortunately communication went wrong somehow so boarding started 30 mins before scheduled time whilst there was still catering and cleaning going on inside so we had to wait for 15+ minutes on the airbridge. Printed card menus now available for those who like that kind of thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.