Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Codeshares from Newquay (through check bags)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Codeshares from Newquay (through check bags)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
(deleted as I don't think it was anything the poster didn't know)

Last edited by LimitingFactor; Jul 17, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mjack99
Thanks again and for the driving advice. Though I have to admit we have been doing this drive at least once a year for more than 25 years. I am just so bored with it and started looking for alternatives.

Getting up to AMS is pretty straight forward from Antwerp (if early otherwise it's a nightmare drive in itself). What I really need is a flight from LCY to NQY :-)
Slightly off topic (unless you use Avios!) but you could also consider AMS-EXT on BE (1x daily Mon-Fri).
EXT-NQY can be driven in 1h20 (though I wouldn't even attempt this drive down the A30 on a Friday evening or a Saturday in the Summer!)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Thanks, Nikko5 (and sorry OP - didn't mean to hijack the thread). I have to be in Penzance so it's still quite a drive. (indeed timing is everything) but none-the-less, I will consider this. Thanks again.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mjack99
Thanks, Nikko5 (and sorry OP - didn't mean to hijack the thread). I have to be in Penzance so it's still quite a drive. (indeed timing is everything) but none-the-less, I will consider this. Thanks again.
Occasionally, albeit expensive combinations exist via Dublin:

Amsterdam (AMS) to Dublin (DUB) — Fri, Jul 20 British Airways 8963 Dep: 9:35 am Arr: 10:20 am1h 45m
Dublin (DUB) to Newquay (NQY) — Fri, Jul 20 British Airways 8924 Dep: 11:20 am Arr: 12:40 pm1h 20m
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
For the far west of Cornwall please don’t discount the train.

Fly into London early evening and take the sleeper service on Great Western Paddington straight to Penzance.

cs
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Thanks, both but I must admit that neither option is that appealing given the time and expense. Driving seems always to end up being the most cost effective option. That was why I was interested in getting redemption seats from AMS all the way to NQY. Nice and cheap and fairly quick :-)
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:24 am

Does anyone know how strict BE are about hand baggage size? I have a NQY LGW NCE flight and despite what the BA issued cash ticket says, the hand luggage size for BE seems to be smaller (according to their website) and thus I may have to check my bag.

Any experiences with this? Do they match BA since it’s a connecting flight?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Hand baggage size is mainly due to the smaller bin sizes on BE aircraft.

Iv never had a problem with a standard roller bag and a laptop bag, the kids have taken a trunky which strictly speaking doesn’t fit in the size guild.

it all depends on the staff member at nqy on the day. Most say does your bag fit in the humid, yes ! Job done

on your return you probably won’t be asked as generally unless your flying with the kitchen sink the staff at LGW don’t tend to give a monkies.

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.