Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIV Files

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by PETER01
myself who booked a seat on a 767 recently and despite being on it many a time never realised or noticed the row had a full window blank! Duh me!
@PETER01 but I bet it had acres of leg room
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
You get an extra 5 points when you reach 10000 posts on FT.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by smokie36
You get an extra 5 points when you reach 10000 posts on FT.
Anything for 5,000 posts?
smokie36 and newyorklondon like this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Anything for 5,000 posts?
Congrats! I took a screenshot for posterity:

Worcester likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Please dont tell me things like this( the points). I'm immature for my years at the best of times and have been hawkish on reaching Silver quickly while being a self funder for all my travel( short of a lottery win i'll never hit the lofty heights of Gold) and if I can get extra points the child in me is tempted to make said amount of posts in the next 24hrs and I imagine get myself kicked from FT.
smokie36 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
Interestingly I found out my CIV score yesterday. Was on a cancelled flight and CSM was trying to help. I poked my name on the iPad, saw the number, said 'I've been waiting a long time to see that'. He was rather amused. And I was pleasantly surprised at the digits too!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Being the nerd I am I asked the really lovely crew we had recently RAK-LGW and it was an amusing little interaction. I ask the steward if they would mind me having a peek at mine as we'd just hit Silver on the way out there a week or so before something they'd already given us a couple extra bottle of Castelnau for ( yes it's no LPGS but it's the thought that counts) and he had no idea what I was on about. Queue him squatting down in row 2D-F with his ipad with us and me explaining what it is and me explaining to him what it is and how to find it on his device. I'll guess he was reasonably new as he then called over the other guy working with him in CE and they both laughed as they noted "it's always slightly worrying when our customers seem to know about stuff we don't". I graciously assured them that the nerd in me is somewhat strong as I explained the simplest way to look at things is the higher the number the more important someone is to BA unless I was on their flight in which case I was clearly to be looked after better than any Prem' pax sharing the cabin..
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Wow, TWCLAM, I bet you’re great fun at parties.

(Only joking .... no offence )
1Aturnleft and TWCLAM like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
So what was your number there and are you happy with it ?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I’m still a bit baffled by forum members’ interest/worry/sometimes obsession with their civ number. There is really nothing to be happy or unhappy with and the reason many crew members have no clue about this is that it really doesn’t Tell you anything meaningful beyond what you already know about your own status.

If if you really want to know how ‘important’ you are to ba, multiply your age in days by your height in millimetres, take to the power of the last digit in your post/zip code, substract pi times your total bank mortgages/debt but add your best degree gpa (or 4 for a first, 3 for a 2.1, 2 for a 2.2 or 1 for a third or pass) multiplied by your total charity donations in the past ten years.

you now have a preliminary number. Just multiply it by zero and you’ll know how critical they think you (and each of us) are to the business or that of any other airline! Welcome to the real club!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
So what was your number there and are you happy with it ?
It's currently at 93. Which is pretty high up for a Gold member. I assume it fluctuates based on spend, so doubt it'll stay that high (well, I'll be GGL/CCR for one year next year - so it'll be 97 then, before dipping again).
Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:04 am

Very, very odd.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You guys get up to some crazy stuff!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:34 pm

Is there a specific CIV score for gifted golds? Or just anything from the gold range?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JFX1764
Is there a specific CIV score for gifted golds? Or just anything from the gold range?
I am not completely sure, however based on FT, I feel tht GCH’s are more special needs.
lavajava likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.