Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would You Book This?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Airprox
Don't forget that AA won't check your bag through to BA on the return, so you will have to go landside, collect it, and then take the shuttle bus over to T5 before checking it in again and going through security. I don't have any experience with the reliability of the train replacement bus between terminals at ORD, perhaps that's worth checking out in one of the other destination specific forums of FT.
My experience is AA will thru check to BA when on a separate PNR. Just have the BA booking ref and ticket numbers to hand when checking in at MCO. They sometimes have issues printing boarding passes though. Just ensure you go to the BA check in at ORD and present the baggage claim checks to make sure the AA tag numbers are copied to your BA booking and that they get loaded to your flight.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by charlieboy77
My experience is AA will thru check to BA when on a separate PNR. Just have the BA booking ref and ticket numbers to hand when checking in at MCO. They sometimes have issues printing boarding passes though. Just ensure you go to the BA check in at ORD and present the baggage claim checks to make sure the AA tag numbers are copied to your BA booking and that they get loaded to your flight.
AA's policy is not to do so - it should not be expected that the agent will ignore policy and check the bags through - AA seems to be reasonably good at following this policy , so I wouldn't rely on that experience
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
AA's policy is not to do so - it should not be expected that the agent will ignore policy and check the bags through - AA seems to be reasonably good at following this policy , so I wouldn't rely on that experience
Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't aware as this was a pro active offer from AA check in agent at FLL not a request from me to have the bags thru checked to LHR. All good for future expectations ^
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

September, prime hurricane here in Florida!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by pauldb

They removed that protection policy a couple of years ago.
It's still live on their travel agent website (link)
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks again, everyone. Some really good information to consider.
I'll try to get AA to check bags through to INV at MCO, but if not, with 4+ hours at ORD, I would hope that we should be fine, all being well.

Can anyone recommend an airport hotel for our ORD night-stop for 3 adults?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
I'd book MCO directly on one ticket for about £300 more each

In a good sale you can get MCO in WTP for less than £600 too....
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teledude
I'd book MCO directly on one ticket for about £300 more each

In a good sale you can get MCO in WTP for less than £600 too....
Unfortunately, our dates aren't flexible, so MCO direct would cost me an eye watering extra £4260 for 3 of us!!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GOLD
AA would not through check my bags at MCO last year and I expected this and left enough time to collect my bags and re-check in (or so I thought)!!! Got stuck on tarmac due to weather for two hours, then the flight took longer than it should and our bags were delayed being taken off the aricraft again due to weather. We made it to the check in desk with 1 minute to spare and the staff said the only reason we got on was that we had done OLCI and printed our BP's. I have never been so glad to settle into my CW seat and clutch a glass of fizzy.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by w3andw4d
Unfortunately, our dates aren't flexible, so MCO direct would cost me an eye watering extra £4260 for 3 of us!!
From INV? What dates?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:43 am
Original Poster

From INV? What dates?
That was from ABZ. It's seems to be even more expensive on one booking to MCO from INV, unless you see something different?
Outbound 22/9, inbound 06/10.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by w3andw4d
That was from ABZ. It's seems to be even more expensive on one booking to MCO from INV, unless you see something different?
Outbound 22/9, inbound 06/10.
1650 each in J

On phone so can't screenshot...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
£1,604 on Budgetair in J, apparently on one ticket.

American Airlines might also be a bit more friendly on price.
teledude likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:18 am
Original Poster

1650 each in J

On phone so can't screenshot...
Originally Posted by Cymro
£1,604 on Budgetair in J, apparently on one ticket.

American Airlines might also be a bit more friendly on price.
Thanks for this, however the flight timings that I could see weren't great, so I think I'll go for seperate bookings and take on board all of the advice given.

Are these £1300 INV-ORD fares on all the time, or are they liable to increase substantially if I don't go for it imminently?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
They're generally easy to get but you'll be bumping up against availability and/or advanced purchase issues within the next month or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.