Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational issues with BA1/2? (LCY-JFK)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Varies
I'm due to fly BA1 in 4 week's time for the start of a zero-birthday trip, and would be gutted to be moved to a poor J seat from LHR. Fingers crossed it's back in action by then
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Thank you for all your responses. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and prepare for a battle to try to get moved to First on a LHR service if the worst happens!
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Titan airways still have their one configured as 32J according to their website so surely BA could just charter it?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by allturnleft
I notice Titan now own the other A318 that BA used to operate

I wonder how they have configured it!
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Titan airways still have their one configured as 32J according to their website so surely BA could just charter it?
EUNB is still in exactly the same config as when it left BA, same seats as EUNA, the issue is that Titan crews are not certified to fly it into LCY. Even if Titan went through the process of training them, it is used so little that they would never remain current unless they flew it to LCY once a month or so to practice.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox

EUNB is still in exactly the same config as when it left BA, same seats as EUNA, the issue is that Titan crews are not certified to fly it into LCY. Even if Titan went through the process of training them, it is used so little that they would never remain current unless they flew it to LCY once a month or so to practice.

Thanks for that valuable information, I didn't think about that. Am I to assume that there would also be some kind of issue with them allowing a BA crew to pilot it instead?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
well the BA app flight status shows Sunday as cancelled but operating on Monday.

I'll be keeping a keener eye on things over the next week!

Shame about them not moving people to F though -
Does it? I just looked and BA 2 is showing on time for Sunday. I've got BA 1/2 booked next month and I'm really hoping that it's back in service by then. I don't fancy getting stuck in CW on some aging 747
Keep it Riel likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:22 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox

nothing stops (almost) BA to drylease the aircraft...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
BA could bus/taxi the passengers to Stansted (private jet terminal, hopefully) and have Titan operate the flight from there without issues. It's faster by car to Stansted from LCY than to LHR.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
BA could bus/taxi the passengers to Stansted (private jet terminal, hopefully) and have Titan operate the flight from there without issues. It's faster by car to Stansted from LCY than to LHR.
Would they send all the catering supplies by taxi as well? And other things like bedding?

BA doesn't have any long haul activity at Stansted, I imagine it's a non runner.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
LGW would make more sense than STN as the cabin crew are based there and pax would have lounge access
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC gold
Was booked on BA001 tomorrow but got canned on Thursday. Moved to bad 747 seat from Heathrow but managed to find space upstairs. Now have to get up super early to get to lhr though ��
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott gold, Virgin Atlantic gold, HHonors gold
We are booked on BA1 for next Tue 26 been looking forward to this flight for so long so really hoping it’s not cancelled but things not looking too hopefull from the past weeks cancellations!

also have hotel booked for night before at city airport so that’s going to be a bummer if we have to go from LHR instead!
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I wonder if the crew have been left in NYC while it's being fixed? Nice little break if so
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I wonder if the crew have been left in NYC while it's being fixed? Nice little break if so
somehow I think BA have some other flights they could have put them on to bring them back home. And knowing BA they were rostered to work!
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I think the previous 'policy' to move CWLCY pax to F had no co-relation with the TPs awarded and was more of a 'we'll make up for it' gesture than a policy.

i am due to fly early august and hope she's fixed by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.