Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Verbal confirmation only of rebooked flight - 15 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only

We are due to fly to JER tomorrow and the flight was cancelled, I got email notification.

I tried to accept the alternative offered on MMB but this produced an error. I have since phoned both the Silver Line and the rebooking line number shown on the email and both people I spoke to said we are rebooked no problem. I asked both to email me some confirmation that the change had been accepted and both agreed to, but nothing has come through an hour later.

MMB shows the revised flight, but says I still need to accept it, and and still errors out when I try to accept it.

So am I worrying unduly?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
It's probably ok. You must be close to the start of the 24 hour check in window so I would suggest you try to check it as soon as possible. If that works ok then you'll have no problem. If not, I suggest you call back and tell them you're having problems checking in.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

We are within 24h but MMB does not give us the option to checkin, it goes staright to the 'Accept alternative' screen. I click Accept and it errors out.

I will call back again, but cc staff seem to think what they see is OK.

I'm already peeved that we have to get to LGW 3 hours earlier, I don't want to get there to be told we have no seat.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Just to tidy this up and as a guide if others come across the same issue, I did after about 3.5 hours get an email confirmation of the rebooked flight. Still can't checkin though and I expect we will be in row 24!
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC
We had the exact same issue a couple of weeks ago, but we were able to check in using the app which showed the rebooked flight, so worth giving that a go if you haven’t already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.