Wiki Posts
Search

BA 780 to ARN - diveted to GOT?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
BA 780 to ARN - diveted to GOT?

Does anyone know why this flight was just diverted after being maybe a half hour out of landing at ARN? I see delays at Stockholm but was wondering what was up.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
According to FlightRadar it was diverted shortly before flying over Örebro, and landed at GOT 15 min ago (16.55 local time) gate 19b.
According to ARN airport info this ac will land there at T2 19.15 local time

Can't see the reason. Others will fill in on that, hopefully
Old May 19, 2018, 9:24 am

The airtraffic control system in Stockholm is down.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:29 am

The system in Stockholm was updated last night.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LordBute
The airtraffic control system in Stockholm is down.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum LordBute, it's good to get new member joining this forum, and many thanks for sharing that information.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Authorities say delay could be 1-2 hours until the system is up and running but could take longer..
Old May 19, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum LordBute, it's good to get new member joining this forum, and many thanks for sharing that information.
Thank you. Long time reader and all that.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
We were on the flight! Captain come on approx 30 mins before we were due to land and announced that the radar system was down and we weren’t being allowed to enter the Airspace and were being diverted to Got. We sat on the ground for approx 2 hours and then took off again and landed about 3 hours late. We were approx 30 mins late leaving Lhr initially due, the Captain told us, as the airport had closed for 17 minutes for the wedding.
Cris L and thunderlounge like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pandra
We were on the flight! .
I couldn't press a Like button on your post could I? I hope this didn't cause too much disruption, even if it must have been tedious. Nevertheless thanks for giving us the insider version.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:46 pm

Hmm just seen no like button on my post! Crew were very good and offering water, everyone seemed to take it very well, fortunately flight wasn’t too full. We are positioning for QR flight to Sin tomorrow, so were extremely glad we were flying the day before
Old May 19, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Pandra
Hmm just seen no like button on my post! Crew were very good and offering water, everyone seemed to take it very well, fortunately flight wasn’t too full. We are positioning for QR flight to Sin tomorrow, so were extremely glad we were flying the day before
Bacterial soup from the water tank, or did they crack the bottled water open (or were you in Business)?
Old May 19, 2018, 3:11 pm

It was from a tap in the galley which she said was crew water! But we were offered ice. And no not in business, it was a 767 so need
Old May 19, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
I heard a very similar tale from another passenger on the flight. Apparently the delay also meant that the immigration staff levels were down to a single person. He wasn't best pleased!
Old May 20, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Is anybody on the plane actually authorised to make some or all of the paid-for beverages on the plane free in case of a significant delay? What would it take? Clearly, as this case shows, more than a doubling of the flight time.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Is anybody on the plane actually authorised to make some or all of the paid-for beverages on the plane free in case of a significant delay? What would it take? Clearly, as this case shows, more than a doubling of the flight time.
They would probably have to load enough stock in the first place.
Passmethesickbag likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.