Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Upgrade Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:32 pm

Dont you need to start the voucher in the uk?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
We had to book by phone as there was a domestic feeder flight but when I originally went on-line the avios website recognised that there were two of us and asked which direction of travel we wanted to use the voucher for. The direction may not matter to them but as one way was Peak and the other Off-Peak it helped that we could choose.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by shayele
Dont you need to start the voucher in the uk?
No, which is advantageous over the Amex companion voucher.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Slightly OT, but could someone explain how the voucher works with the mid haul routes using the ex BMI A321 (i.e. I think Beirut). Can you redeem in economy, apply the voucher and go in the business cabin. Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Slightly OT, but could someone explain how the voucher works with the mid haul routes using the ex BMI A321 (i.e. I think Beirut). Can you redeem in economy, apply the voucher and go in the business cabin. Thanks
i think they closed this loophole but I know it has worked in the past - best thing is to call up and try

I recently asked about booking CAI operated by an a321 and was told as 2 cabin on this particular flight I would be charged economy avios to upgrade to club world

however as my travel plans changed I didn’t go ahead...
Woodbinerich likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.