Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded to QR F - Heavenly!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Upgraded to QR F - Heavenly!

BA Gold card, just boarding the QR905 MEL to DOH in Business, and I’ve been upgraded to First. A380. I am the definition of a grinning Cheshire Cat!
anniegray, Keter, I2sky and 24 others like this.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
BA Gold card, just boarding the QR905 MEL to DOH in Business, and I’ve been upgraded to First. A380. I am the definition of a grinning Cheshire Cat!
well done and yes its wonderful when that happens. Enjoy the 12 hours or so in First and the wonderful attentive service.
spec119 and HighwayToHEL like this.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Wow !

OneWorld at its best !
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
A thread for the QR Forum?! Enjoy it
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
We were upgraded from Business to First last year on a DOH>BKK flight. Ironically we were looking forward to the Circle Bar in Business class on the A380! Which we sat at for a bit anyhow. 1st was so empty we had window seats and they made our beds up on 2 separate seats opposite the aisle! So we had 4 seats altogether.

Not that it applies to you, as your not leaving from DOH, if you are upgraded to 1st, you are still not allowed to use the very Large and extensive 1st Class Lounge at Doho.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Congrats! Nice indeed when that happens - I had it happen once on a DOH-BKK flight, but was a bit of a waste, since it was the flight leaving at around 3am and hence, breakfast service.. And then there was the family of five in the F cabin who though it appropriate to shout across the cabin to each other more or less all night.

I had a lovely time in the bar at the back for most of the flight though
I2sky likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
How apt that we go from “grinning like a Cheshire Cat” to a post by cheshirepete. Such symmetry !

Meanwhile .....is HIDDY awake yet down in Argentina ?? He just lurrves these sort of threads.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:04 am

F on QR 380? Sounds like a major result.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I have a HKG trip coming up soonish and I have been umming and ahhing about going via DOH and trying QR just for a bit of variety. Do they actively target BAEC status holders for this kind of thing (especially if first flight with QR)??? If so might be worth a punt just for the hell of it???
Old May 18, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I had an upgrade to F as another data point, first flight with QR. I should say have a punt, worst case result is a good business class experience and you still get the bar.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Probably. But I fly BA almost exclusively; I chose this route because they have a direct EDI to DOH so I avoided LHR (my usual haunt), and BA wanted to send me via Hong Kong or Singapore. Plus, I've never been on a 787 or a 380 before (I live my days on a 319 or 767 doing EDI to LHR or LGW) so this ticked many bucket list items. I reckon it's the Gold that got me the upgrade.
wrp96 and etiene like this.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:27 am
Original Poster

I was able to use the (what I thought was small) First lounge upstairs at DOH on the outbound due to my Gold card. I wasn't there for long, but long enough to eat and drink,
Old May 18, 2018, 6:29 am
Suspended

Prepare yourself to be shocked about how great the A380 is.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Never been on a A380, until my outbound journey a fortnight ago, and according to FlightRadar this metal is brand new (about 8 months old). So yeah, after a gazillion domestic flights (every week for 38 consecutive weeks on current project, EDI to LHR) and the occasional international, this is the best I have ever done with any airline. I really am over the moon.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Op ups don't get much better than this. Long flight on a premium airline. Congrats!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.