Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Limit LCY redemptions to those living in Newham and Greenwich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limit LCY redemptions to those living in Newham and Greenwich

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Can someone just clarify where the Independent State of Balham fits in? We're zone 3 (I know, the horror), so not far south enough for LGW, not far west enough for LHR, therefore I think we should also be permitted access to LCY redemptions. But obviously only for those of us who are also GCH or above and have a double-barrelled name.
Surely it's the other way around, Bal-ham should be limiting who can come to their idyllic mecca?

missdimeaner and Lucanesque like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:00 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Guess I won't be going anywhere unless Croydon airport reopens
Lizie likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:04 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by thejohn
If we are throwing spanners in the works, how about only F redemptions for those who pay for their own flights rather than corporate travellers.
I will get my coat and hard hat...
John
I recommend a stab vest too. Make sure the kevlar is around the back too...
Old May 10, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Guess I won't be going anywhere unless Croydon airport reopens
We could just recommission Kenley!
Old May 10, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
On this basis NCL should be limited to bona fide Geordies only. No Mackems, Sand Dancers, Monkey Hangers, or Smoggies allowed
Old May 10, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Can someone just clarify where the Independent State of Balham fits in? We're zone 3 (I know, the horror), so not far south enough for LGW, not far west enough for LHR, therefore I think we should also be permitted access to LCY redemptions. But obviously only for those of us who are also GCH or above and have a double-barrelled name.
Independent State of Balham and the People’s Republic of Tooting (for those of us on the borders holding a silver card and having only the one surname )
Lucanesque likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Geordie405
On this basis NCL should be limited to bona fide Geordies only. No Mackems, Sand Dancers, Monkey Hangers, or Smoggies allowed
Howay man, I think you will find that the airport estate also sits in the county of Northumberland, thank you very much. The boundary goes through the back of the Britannia (their car park is two thirds in Northumberland), and through the long term car park, the carpark office bungalow being just into Newcastle, the rest is in Northumberland.
T8191 and Geordie405 like this.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Howay man, I think you will find that the airport estate also sits in the county of Northumberland, thank you very much. The boundary goes through the back of the Britannia (their car park is two thirds in Northumberland), and through the long term car park, the carpark office bungalow being just into Newcastle, the rest is in Northumberland.
That's Geordie405 told then

For the record, Edinburgh is totally in the Edinburgh boundary so only EDI flyers should get EDI redemptions
Geordie405 likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I recommend a stab vest too. Make sure the kevlar is around the back too...
Ahh that's why Iv'e had stabbing pains in my back
John
Old May 10, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
E15 Newham address for rent.... all offers considered ;o)
Old May 10, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by NickB
You stay within the state of Balham borders, clearly. Besides, it would be quite pointless going to any airport since, according to timatic, a State of Balham passport will not be recognised by any other State so you would fail passport check and be denied boarding.
Then timtac is wrong. The Balham Passport allows free movement into and from the Independent Wolfate of Tooting due to provisions in the 'Gateway to the South' Treaty.

Holders of Clapham passports may transit Balham into and out of Tooting only by using the 155 bus.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Does nobody here recognise that “London” is actually a connurbation of “villages”, each with its own culture and traditions?

It is a blob on the map,that expands to meet its own aspirations, without much sense or meaning. HOW did the Richmond, Surrey, of my upbringing metamorphose into something in “South West London”? Whither Middlesex?

It is London CITY airport, and there still remains a CITY of London, with well-beaten boundaries as highlighted upthread. Thus they are conjoined, by title. Any others purporting to be “CITY” dwellers should be forced by the Constabulary, Bailiffs and all other forces of Law, Order and Sanity, to use London GATWICK for a period not exceeding 3 years. (Edit = and London LUTON for repeat offenders)
Old May 10, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Any others purporting to be “CITY” dwellers should be forced by the Constabulary, Bailiffs and all other forces of Law, Order and Sanity, to use London GATWICK for a period not exceeding 3 years. (Edit = and London LUTON for repeat offenders)
That sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Limit EZE award space only to those daft enough to live here.
When did you and your sheep move to the airport? OTOH, maybe this means that we'll see you at this year's COW DO.......if you really exist.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When did you and your sheep move to the airport? OTOH, maybe this means that we'll see you at this year's COW DO.......if you really exist.
Sheep?

Locals can't afford to go to COWDO's not with the rate of inflation we have here. Just as well, it'll be full of Americans taking advantage of the exchange rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.