Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Maybe he read that he can get an operational downgrade with the right attire.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by henry999
Danger! Danger! Will Robinson! Cavils about language usage are more likely to get you slapped down than supported in this Brave New World!

Videlicet, in this very thread:

You probably learned this expression, as I did, as 'To each his own' and even allowing for modern-day non-sexism the word order does seem a bit askew.

'They', plural. 'Are', plural. 'An adult' ? ? ?
"They are" in a singular form is right when you want to be gender neutral. Put "they are singular" singular into Google and you will see before correcting others!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
"They are" in a singular form is right when you want to be gender neutral. Put "they are singular" singular into Google and you will see before correcting others!
Thanks miamiflyer, I couldn’t say one way or another if you or the other poster are correct (I don’t have any higher level education) but I did think about it afterwards as to what I could have said instead of “They are” when I actually wasn’t sure of the gender when looking from the back. The best I could come up with is “the person is an adult” but it didn’t trouble me enough to go back and edit it 😀

DtB
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Is it Alex Cruz?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.