Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7 hour layover lounge options in LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:23 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Echoing the sentiments of others above, do spend your 7 hours in London itself rather than the airport - however, make sure to plan your journey beforehand. Ealing is half an hour away by tube including wait times etc, Paddington is about the same too (with Heathrow Express).
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Definitely get out of the airport. If you don’t want to go all the way into London- try Kew Gardens - it’s gorgeous and only a few tube stops away.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Already been to London many times in my life, not really looking to schlep my carry on bags with me the whole time.

I am wondering if there’s a place in the F lounge to store my luggage securely and take a few hours nap? By the time I land in LHR (11am), it will be 3am LAX time and I could use a good 3-4 hour nap.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Already been to London many times in my life, not really looking to schlep my carry on bags with me the whole time.

I am wondering if there’s a place in the F lounge to store my luggage securely and take a few hours nap? By the time I land in LHR (11am), it will be 3am LAX time and I could use a good 3-4 hour nap.
There is an attended luggage storage (set up a bit like a coat check) in the F lounge. Finding somewhere to nap, on the other hand, is probably a bit more challenging.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Schultzois
There is an attended luggage storage (set up a bit like a coat check) in the F lounge. Finding somewhere to nap, on the other hand, is probably a bit more challenging.
Some people don’t let a little challenge like that get in their way and half undress and construct a bed out of several chairs. Not very premium. The only place I’ve ever had a little snooze was on those loungers on the terrace.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by DUT
Can you use the First Wing if you arrive in F (from Dallas) and connect to Club Europe T5 to Krakow?

In other words, does your arriving flight count at First Wing Security as it will in the CCR when connecting flights same day?
I'm working on the assumption you can - that the First Wing criteria is the same as the F-lounge. In theory it should be the case - the question is - has anyone told the computer.

Although if the queues are not long as South Fast Track security, I might go through there so I can enter via the "exclusive" Concorde Room door
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DUT
Can you use the First Wing if you arrive in F (from Dallas) and connect to Club Europe T5 to Krakow?

In other words, does your arriving flight count at First Wing Security as it will in the CCR when connecting flights same day?

Thanks, DUT
I think it would be bizarre if you couldn't. I don't see this being an issue, you have access to the GF/CCR, and access to TFW is aligned with access to GF. You may have to note to the BA agent who scans your bp before the automatic gates that you have just arrived in F (keep hold of your inbound bp).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:33 am

Hi
I'll be traveling next month GRU-LHR-PEK-LHR-GRU, first time flying BA F.
A few questions:
1) The GRU-LHR-PEK leg has a long ~9 hours layover (arrive 07:10AM and departs 04:30PM). My intention is to go to central London to get some fresh air for a few hours. When arriving from the GRU-PEK leg, for showers and breakfast, should I go the CCR (airside) or the BA Arrivals lounge (landside)? Or is best to have breakfast on the plane and just a quick shower at the Arrivals lounge?
2) Later, coming back to T5, I understand that I can use the First Wing and go directly to the CCR. However, will I need to book a cabana to have a shower or there will be showers easily available around 03:00PM?
3) Is the food better at the CCR or should I just wait to have dinner on the plane for the LHR-PEK and LHR-GRU legs?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:26 am

Hi! Similiar situation here, though 5 hours. Arriving at T5, connecting to T3 (inbound). Since on my outbound I will check out all the lounges in T3 and never been to T5, is it possible to go firstly to lounges at T5 and then after some time just go to the other terminal?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by embit
Hi
I'll be traveling next month GRU-LHR-PEK-LHR-GRU, first time flying BA F.
A few questions:
1) The GRU-LHR-PEK leg has a long ~9 hours layover (arrive 07:10AM and departs 04:30PM). My intention is to go to central London to get some fresh air for a few hours. When arriving from the GRU-PEK leg, for showers and breakfast, should I go the CCR (airside) or the BA Arrivals lounge (landside)? Or is best to have breakfast on the plane and just a quick shower at the Arrivals lounge?
2) Later, coming back to T5, I understand that I can use the First Wing and go directly to the CCR. However, will I need to book a cabana to have a shower or there will be showers easily available around 03:00PM?
3) Is the food better at the CCR or should I just wait to have dinner on the plane for the LHR-PEK and LHR-GRU legs?
you could go through to the CCR in T5 airside departures area but there isn't an easy way to leave to go out. tbh i would just head out landside when you arrive and use the arrivals lounge, there is also a separate concorde breakfast area in the arrivals lounge if you want to use it. also i tend to find there is little if no waiting for showers in the arrivals lounge.

yes you can use TFW. once through security the corridor leads you in to the galleries first lounge, so exit that and walk across the lobby to the CCR. There are showers in the spa area to your left just before the CCR reception - these showers are shared between the GF and CCR. the cabanas themselves are in the CCR but you don't need to book one if you just want to use the shower.

in terms of having breakfast or dinner in the lounge vs on the plane I would say that comes down to your preference on sleeping or how hungry you feel at the time.

Originally Posted by MisieQ
Hi! Similiar situation here, though 5 hours. Arriving at T5, connecting to T3 (inbound). Since on my outbound I will check out all the lounges in T3 and never been to T5, is it possible to go firstly to lounges at T5 and then after some time just go to the other terminal?
not possible. you can only enter the airside departures area in T5 (where the lounges are) if you have a bp for a flight departing from T5. the lounges in T3 are nice tho so I wouldn't be too bothered about missing the T5 ones.
MisieQ likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:41 am

I'd recommend going first to arrivals to eat + freshen up. Then take the BA Staff bus to their offices and visit the Heritage Center museum (https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...age-collection). Make sure to email in advance to book for free so you can get the permit. It's well worth visiting and kills a couple of hours easily.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
I would thoroughly encourage travellers to manage their expectations of the LHR T5 lounges. Even the Concorde Room is not somewhere worth more than a couple of hours in my view.

Windsor been mentioned a few times. Another option would be a taxi/uber to Bray, about 20 mins away. Its a lovely village by the Thames well known for its food. The renowned 3-star 'Waterside Inn' restaurant should be able to accommodate you for lunch if you book ahead. Not cheap, but if the sun is shining, a drink on the terrace right on the River Thames will truly start your holiday early - as bucolic an English scene as there ever was! The 'Hinds Head' pub is also excellent, and you might even get lucky and get a spot at the 'Fat Duck' restaurant (always worth a call on the day...) Then a taxi/uber back to T5, whisk through via the First Wing, bit of lounge time, and then off on your next flight!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.