Search

Destination reco for 2-4-1 voucher

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Destination reco for 2-4-1 voucher

Hey guys,

I have a 2-4-1 voucher and I haven't found a way to find destination where I could book a First or Business class on a 747, 77 or A380 where the taxes are around £300. I have found TLV but I'm already going in August.

Any other recommendations you have in mind ?

It is expiring in January 2019 but I would like to use it in the next 2 months if possible.

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by MaximeD
I have a 2-4-1 voucher and I haven't found a way to find destination where I could book a First or Business class on a 747, 77 or A380 where the taxes are around £300.
With that limit, I suspect that you're going to struggle. Even if you start from INV or JER, which have the advantage of removing £156 from the TFC because of APD. And that's assuming you mean £300 per person.

You're basically looking for short-haul flights operated by long-haul aircraft. The other ones that immediately come to mind as possibilities are DME and MAD.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
DME is a particular sweet spot at £50 + AVIOS for F/J
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
DME is a particular sweet spot at £50 + AVIOS for F/J
although unfortunately a Russian visa is needed for uk citizens to enter the country, which now requires biometric data provided in person at the embassy.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
With that limit, I suspect that you're going to struggle. Even if you start from INV or JER, which have the advantage of removing £156 from the TFC because of APD. And that's assuming you mean £300 per person.

You're basically looking for short-haul flights operated by long-haul aircraft. The other ones that immediately come to mind as possibilities are DME and MAD.
Yes, ~£300 per person.
I was under the impression there was other destinations like TLV :

It's "only" £305 in taxes.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:52 am

Yes, ~£300 per person.

In between the RFS destinations (i.e. short haul + DME) and the 6 hour + long haul destinations there must only be a handful of these types of cheaper rewards. I imagine it would be along the lines of BEY/AMM/TLV/JED/CAI all in that region.

Is that particularly where you want to go? Where would you actually like to travel to?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a number of these, but you're limiting yourself by wanting a long-haul aircraft. There are very few short-haul routes on which long-haul aircraft are operated.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
MAD has a 777 with regularity, and that would be £50 each. Short flight with CE not CW service, and no F. There are routes on other carriers, especially from other places in Europe with significantly less in charges, but 241 has to be BA metal ex-UK.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
....but 241 has to be BA metal ex-UK.
before the Jersey militia are upon us the terms say exUK but you can also book exJER to avoid APD even though JER is not in the UK. exINV has also been noted already.

For both exJER and, as mentioned already, ex INV you only need start the itinerary there to avoid APD. You don’t need to return to INV/JER at the end and can just do the return to LON.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

There are a number of these, but you're limiting yourself by wanting a long-haul aircraft. There are very few short-haul routes on which long-haul aircraft are operated.
Yes, I would like to make the most of the voucher.

If I decide to fly from INV/JER in order to avoid the high tax, since there's no direct INV-DXB for example, is it possible to book such flight with a voucher ?

Originally Posted by KARFA
In between the RFS destinations (i.e. short haul + DME) and the 6 hour + long haul destinations there must only be a handful of these types of cheaper rewards. I imagine it would be along the lines of BEY/AMM/TLV/JED/CAI all in that region.

Is that particularly where you want to go? Where would you actually like to travel to?
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have anything in mind, I was wondering if there was a tool that can list me all those destinations so I can choose and pick with the Missus.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I decide to fly from IN/JER in order to avoid the high tax, since there's no direct INV-DBX for example, is it possible to book such flight with a voucher ?
Yes. If you want to end in London, then I think you'll need to call. But you may well be able to book INV-LHR-DXB-LHR-INV all online.

But be prepared for TFC on that to be £433.49 per person. It's a slightly more modest £394.09 if it's INV-LHR-DXB-LHR. Plus, of course, you have the costs - both time and money - of getting from LHR to INV to start the ticket, which will wipe out at least a fair chunk of the TFC saving.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why not change your TLV trip to use your voucher?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Why not change your TLV trip to use your voucher?
I'm going alone
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Yes. If you want to end in London, then I think you'll need to call. But you may well be able to book INV-LHR-DXB-LHR-INV all online.

But be prepared for TFC on that to be £433.49 per person. It's a slightly more modest £394.09 if it's INV-LHR-DXB-LHR. Plus, of course, you have the costs - both time and money - of getting from LHR to INV to start the ticket, which will wipe out at least a fair chunk of the TFC saving.
Good point. Probably not worth it to save a few pounds. Thanks for that!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, ~£300 per person.
From LHR in CW (and a few INV examples)
TLV £305
CAI £306 / INV £253
AMM £337
BEY £339 / INV £286
DOH £400 (with a high chance you will end up on QR) / INV £274
DXB £513
KWI £518
MCT £531

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.