Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Business Class Short Haul Vs. BA Club Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Business Class Short Haul Vs. BA Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by Mackle
What about LHR T2 LH lounge?
It's quite nice and certainly can be used as FTL in Y - beer on tap, slightly better food provisions than BA (in terms of quality, not quantity). Major plus is a very short walk to the LH gates - 5mins tops.
Old May 1, 2018, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
no priority check in, no seat reservation, no fast track, but you get lounge access at a LH/OS/LX/LO own lounge, no access at 3rd party lounges.
[Bolding mine]

That is slightly incorrect as FTL has both priority check-in (M&M partners-only) and access to fast track* (possibly one of those unpublished benefits, but still...) amongst its perks.

*Warsaw 100% through the Gold security access in strefa CDE, Brussels, Vienna and possibly Zurich to name a few, even though I haven't tried for quite long time and since I made it Diamond with SAS.

G
Old May 1, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
can you show me where either of those are published?

I suspect you will find the automatic gates at WAW fast track let anyone through, its too difficult on mixed airline terminals to program the gates with all the different rules. Same thing happens at krk fast track, any boarding pass opens them
Old May 1, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
sorry I do see priority check in is available

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...en&cid=1000340
Old May 1, 2018, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
can you show me where either of those are published?

I suspect you will find the automatic gates at WAW fast track let anyone through, its too difficult on mixed airline terminals to program the gates with all the different rules. Same thing happens at krk fast track, any boarding pass opens them
The priority check-in is listed amongst the Frequent Traveller's key benefits on the Miles & More website (see Preferential check-in). With regards to fast-track (which I classed as unpublished benefit in the first instance), I travel from Warsaw on a weekly basis and I can assure you that it won't just let anyone through (direct experience when travelling with colleagues holding no status, I have to speak to the agent sitting next to the e-gate for manual opening). Moreover and still regarding Warsaw airport, the Frequent Traveller card appears on the screen at the entrance of the Gold fast-track whereas, concerning the aforementioned airports, I'm sure there are a few threads on the Lufthansa/Swiss forum but I was able myself to access the fast-track at Brussels & Zurich (as I'm not travelling that often from those airports, I'm not entirely sure whether that's indeed a case of the e-gate not being set-up properly letting anyone through, though).

G
hugolover likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas

unfortunately the old plane excuse explaining its dirtyness doesn’t work as the 1993 model 321s of LH look brand new and very clean!
Being sad enough to keep in my log a list of the actual aircraft I fly on, last week I was on an LH A320 that I first flew on HAM-LHR in March 1991. It was spotless inside and out. The only thing missing was the proper F seats that were there the first time.
lhrpete, hugolover and HMPS like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

scottishpoetmust have been very unlucky to end up having to choose a 1hr5min FRA connection for a simple KRK-LHR. FRA is to be avoided unless no other options remain especially a Schengen to non-Schengen and vv with the likely security. From memory, LO, LX, BA (obviously), LH (via MUC which I really like), OS (decent food to buy) and SN are all in my opinion, far more convenient and pleasant for such a short trip. It's not a secret that FRA is a crapshack. At least LH don't claim to offer a premium experience there.

Regarding KRK fast track. I don't agree. December last year my FFP dropped off my paper LH BP for some reason and I couldn't get through. Scanning a guest first does not work. Scan after my BP, works fine. FR doesn't work either, I've tried it.
AlicorporateUK and yurtripper like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Being sad enough to keep in my log a list of the actual aircraft I fly on, last week I was on an LH A320 that I first flew on HAM-LHR in March 1991. It was spotless inside and out. The only thing missing was the proper F seats that were there the first time.
When did a LH A320 have F seats?
Old May 3, 2018, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by LondonElite

When did a LH A320 have F seats?
Both LH and SR used to have proper F seats right across the fleet including short haul with a fixed partition. I can't remember when they were withdrawn, probably mid 90s but they were there long after others stopped offering them. At the time HAM-LHR was about £200 single in F and the hot lunch service was three course served individually each with different wines if you wanted them, coffee, liqueurs and chocolates followed! Just imagine Cruz spluttering about the premium CE offering in comparison to that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.