Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon trip in First next week

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Question Honeymoon trip in First next week

Hi all,
We are flying next week from LHR to AUH for our honeymoon (straight after our long wedding weekend).
Booked a year in advance in First and we're all happy with our seats, looking forward to the Concorde Lounge, etc. etc.
What's the best way of informing BA for them to put a note that it's our honeymoon trip to have some benefit for us? But, actually, more importantly, what 'surprise' could we potentially enjoy for informing them?
Please advise
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You are travelling in First so there is nothing extra/surprises you will be given, I would let the crew know so that’s they can make extra fuss of you.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If you haven't booked a spa appointment yet, call You First and try for one. Other than that, lie back and think of England
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
If you haven't booked a spa appointment yet, call You First and try for one. Other than that, lie back and think of England
Thanks. Tried that, but all booked up. We will try walk-up appointments.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: Now BAEC Brown, fallen from 10 yrs BAEC Gold; Oyster 60+ Travelcard
In January we flew in F on our wedding anniversary. We mentioned this quietly as we were being seated. We had the normal high level of friendly service, but as we were about to disembark at the end of the flight the crew discreetly slipped us an unopened bottle of LPGS to take away.
PJSMITH0 and DanAirLondon like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
You are travelling in First so there is nothing extra/surprises you will be given, I would let the crew know so that’s they can make extra fuss of you.
Thanks. What's the best way of informing BA from now so they can make a note and inform the crew for me? The extra fuss would be great for the wife for sure! (she has a public sector job that she loves, but no travel to anywhere, whereas I fly CW for work all the time).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I wouldn’t do anything other than telling the crew out of sight of your wife when you board.
Have you seen the menu and preordered your main course?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You are expecting too much. Why should you get a 'surprise'?

Yes someone in customer services could put a note in your booking but then one of the cabin crew would have to actively look for any such notes which is not something they normally do.

Just enjoy the fact you are flying in F already.
enviroian, GLA, switch007 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You are expecting too much. Why should you get a 'surprise'?
It's not an expectation. It's a question about what might be possible.

Yes someone in customer services could put a note in your booking but then one of the cabin crew would have to actively look for any such notes which is not something they normally do.
Noted - thanks.

Just enjoy the fact you are flying in F already.
Of course - that is the baseline level of enjoyment we expect to have. Especially as the flight is scheduled on the B787 which looks fantastic in the photos online (our last First was 2 years ago in an old B777 from Hong Kong - Qatar Business was better than that!).
noFODplease likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I agree with others that you should keep your expectations low. I think the best you can hope for is something like a little card signed by the crew and some congratulations.

That said, congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC bronze
As someone who will be in a similar position next month, flying to Chennai in CW two days after the wedding (on to Sri Lanka after an awfully long connection :-)), I would just mention to the crew your reason for travelling when boarding the aircraft. I think the best you will get is a jollier crew being delighted to play a brief part in your newly-coupled status.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I wouldn’t do anything other than telling the crew out of sight of your wife when you board.
Great, thanks!
Have you seen the menu and preordered your main course?
No - didn't know about this! I'm sure BA communicate this feature, but I obviously ignore it: usually I never bother doing anything before flight other then picking seats when I book and then online check-in.
Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I agree with others that you should keep your expectations low. I think the best you can hope for is something like a little card signed by the crew and some congratulations.
That in itself would be actually great!

That said, congratulations on your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!
Thank you!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
With only 8F seats - I'd pre-order your mains on the outbound. You have the choice to change your mind, but at least you shouldn't be disappointed.

Good luck for the big day and enjoy your F
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ohit
That in itself would be actually great!
Thank you!
If you'd like a signed card, how about buying a card that you like and when you go and have a quiet word with your crew member to explain that this is your honeymoon, you could give him/her the card and ask if he/she would mind very much getting his/her colleagues to sign your card so that you can keep a souvenir of your honeymoon trip? I'm sure that they will be very happy to.
cruisr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.