Wiki Posts
Search

BA double upgrade BA116 JFK-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GLACON747
I wasn’t aware you could use the lounges as my connection to Glasgow was on euro traveler.

Transfer security at T5 did take up quite a bit of time after my bag got selected for more checks , the guy checking it says it was because of a book lol that’s the last time I would’ve expected to set it off 😂😂😂
If you arrive on a long haul flight in Club World or First, or are a Gold card holder you can use the arrivals lounge. If you are connecting and your inbound flight was in the last 24hours you are entitled to use the lounges for that class of travel prior to your connecting flight. So in your instance you could have used Galleries Club North or South. I appreciate it's a bit late now but it might be useful to know for next time
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:01 pm

seems like the FA was a bad apple. how was he/she treating other passengers?

many of us have paid 10K+ on a ticket and have received much worse service - I would move on and just be glad that you've got a double upgrade and got to try the CW hard product for the price for Y.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
I would be unable to say as I was at the end of the cabin. All other crew members did a good job.

I understand that and was grateful for the double upgrade but I just wanted to share my experience.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

I would be unable to say as I was at the end of the cabin. All other crew members did a good job.

I understand that and was grateful for the double upgrade but I just wanted to share my experience.
It's hard to believe anyone thinks you shouldn't be upset because you were upgraded. Surely if you check into a hotel and they upgrade you to a nice suite instead of the cheap room you booked, you still expect hotel services to be competently delivered and the staff doing so, to do it in a professional, friendly manner. And in this case, the reason you were upgraded was that it was commercially beneficial to do so. BA increased their profits by selling more WT and WT+ seats than they had and saved money by upgrading you and others instead of having to pay to offload pax in the oversold cabins.
710 77345, seanp7, cosmo74 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:10 am

sorry but I’m only giving my experience on the flight. Isn’t this what flyertalk is for ? To inform others of how your flight was ?
Thanks for your experience, now behave and stop moaning.... I'd let them give me a slap round the face for a double upgrade!!!!!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Pete Bailey
Thanks for your experience, now behave and stop moaning.... I'd let them give me a slap round the face for a double upgrade!!!!!
Well that's rather an odd first post!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I've been travelling in CW monthly lately and... this happens to me. A lot. It's not good customer service, but I've become used to it. It shouldn't happen but I have no doubt that your upgrade had no impact whatsoever, as hard as it may be to believe.

People refer to CW in the 777 as the "flying dormitory" but it really does feel like some of the FAs treat it like a child being served food at boarding school as well!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Looking gift horses in mouth is unlikely to be a good strategy if you want more horses.
This is just Silly. All customers should be treated courteously.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by madfish
Seriously? You are a bit peeved because of the way you perceive a member of cabin crew spoke to you. You could always have asked to go sit back in economy.
What an astonishing reply. So if one gets an upgrade it is open season on how you are treated. Utterly ridiculous.
seanp7, haroon145 and cosmo74 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Pete Bailey
Great first post Pete even if I disagree
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by stevie
What an astonishing reply. So if one gets an upgrade it is open season on how you are treated. Utterly ridiculous.
As I’ve said before, if you read what the OP has reported elsewhere in the thread, it all seems to be a very minor thing overall. The OP did not provide any real evidence at the start, and when they did, there was not much to it.

Given what we do know, I do think the OP is being ridiculous in thinking about complaining. Did he give as much thought as sending in his thanks for receiving a double upgrade? He even commented on the lack of breakfast. That is really something considering that he would have received very little in Y in any case, and yet had just had a much more comfortable seat for the last six+ hours.

Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:54 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
I had the double-up from Economy to Club a couple of weeks back from LHR to JFK before OLCI.
Made the most of it preflight and during flight and was very grateful.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
SWMBO and I came back to lhr from jfk in J last year. It was the last BA flight out.
The crew members on our side of the plane were grumpy. Not out and out rude, just not in a good mood. Like the OP's experience, they were "short" with us.
It was just one of those things. Noted it, and moved on. We all get grumpy days. Not worth a complaint. Not worth a post on here. I'd forgotten all about it by the time we fell asleep. I don't know what they were like at breakfast - I slept through it.
My advice would be to forget it and move on.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:10 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ratypus
FYI more common on the return leg (flying into LHR) as crew are tired by that point so service can sometimes suffer...not always, but on returns from the US I often do get the impression the crew are just going through the motions.
This is very true, took the JFK - LGW flight in Y and one of the CC was very snippy to the woman behind me who inquired about charging devices on the terrible 3-class 777s.
Always seems a lot more rushed too. i.e. trying to clear up mid way through eating..!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:43 am

Smile

Originally Posted by GadgetGal

Well that's rather an odd first post!
All tongue in cheek!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.