Search

BA double upgrade BA116 JFK-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
BA double upgrade BA116 JFK-LHR

Hi everyone

I got upgraded at check in to world traveller plus.
20 mins before board I was called to the gate and then got upgraded to club world. Has anyone every been upgraded twice on one flight?

Overall I found the experience ok the bed was nice and legroom good but found one crew member must have problems with upgrades as I didn’t like the may he spoke to me. Could this be cause he knows I was a double upgrade. I may concider filing a complaint as there was no need to speak to me in that way.

I found near landing that some people got offered breakfast and some didn’t I’m asummsing fully paid passengers get taken care of first ?

thanks 😀
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Seriously? You are a bit peeved because of the way you perceive a member of cabin crew spoke to you. You could always have asked to go sit back in economy.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Ok so they can talk to you like ....?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by GLACON747
Hi everyone

I got upgraded at check in to world traveller plus.
20 mins before board I was called to the gate and then got upgraded to club world. Has anyone every been upgraded twice on one flight?

Overall I found the experience ok the bed was nice and legroom good but found one crew member must have problems with upgrades as I didn’t like the may he spoke to me. Could this be cause he knows I was a double upgrade. I may concider filing a complaint as there was no need to speak to me in that way.

I found near landing that some people got offered breakfast and some didn’t I’m asummsing fully paid passengers get taken care of first ?

thanks 😀
The crew would not know that you had a double upgrade, breakfast would be served to those to filled in their breakfast request cards, did you?
bisonrav, rockflyertalk and Gerbs like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Lucky you, I believe it does happen occasionally, and there may be a whole thread on it somewhere. The crew member shouldn't treat you any differently so if they were rude I'd certainly put in a complaint, although I wouldn't expect much of a response. Every passenger should be offered breakfast, regardless of how they paid, although I tend to find when I'm in a window seat that I often get forgotten about. I did think you were supposed to be given a breakfast card on the JFK route, on which you indicate whether you would like breakfast and if so what you would like. Seems like they may have missed you out for that, although they shouldn't. Other passengers may have indicated that they just wanted to sleep, hence they didn't get anything. It's worth using the call button if you would like something though. Your boarding pass should have given you access to the Arrivals lounge at Heathrow where you could also have had breakfast, but they don't really advertise that so you probably wouldn't have realised.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you

The crew would not know that you had a double upgrade, breakfast would be served to those to filled in their breakfast request cards, did you?
yes I did.
Are you sure they wouldn’t as one crew member said that they had 25 upgrades on that flight ?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Looking gift horses in mouth is unlikely to be a good strategy if you want more horses.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would crew know that they should have had plenty of empty seats - and then suddenly there weren't ?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Seriously? You are a bit peeved because of the way you perceive a member of cabin crew spoke to you. You could always have asked to go sit back in economy.
so I should be spoken to like trash ?
Sorry but I think everyone should be spoken to with respect even if your in first class or economy.
amanx, Nils21, Gino Troian and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Looking gift horses in mouth is unlikely to be a good strategy if you want more horses.
sorry but I’m only giving my experience on the flight. Isn’t this what flyertalk is for ? To inform others of how your flight was ?
amanx likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I had the rare double upgrade a couple of Christmas's ago ... ORD to LHR.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I really don't understand the comments about putting up with cabin crew being rude to you. It may or may not have been because of the upgrade, but either way it's not acceptable - and if no-one complains, they'll just carry on behaving that way. Given that the OP said that they filled out the breakfast card and didn't receive anything, service was clearly lacking.
amanx, ajm1972 and switch007 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes I’m sure, we know how many upgrades but you asked if they knew you were a double upgrade, only our ground staff know this.
So you completed the breakfast request card, are you 100% sure you put the right seat number on the card, you would be surprised that on every flight I have been on you get 5 or 6 with the wrong seat number or no number at all?
The crew would have been focusing on those cards that they could understand and would have been happy to serve anyone who contacted them.
Please don't think this experience is typical as crew are more than apply to look after upgrades as these customers are usually lovely to look after.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
sometimes BA crew are just rude - I've had excellent crew in all classes, and rude crew in all classes on cash paid tickets as well...trust me, it won't be because you were an upgrade; it will just be one of the chippy crew you sometimes get on BA - FYI more common on the return leg (flying into LHR) as crew are tired by that point so service can sometimes suffer...not always, but on returns from the US I often do get the impression the crew are just going through the motions.

Anyway: long story short, this won't be because you were an "upgrade". You just got unlucky with a crew member.
anniegray and Wembleygal like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by GLACON747

so I should be spoken to like trash ?
Sorry but I think everyone should be spoken to with respect even if your in first class or economy.

What was it that the crew member said to you? If the crew member was rude, making a complaint is entirely reasonable. You should have been treated no differently than any other passenger in the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.