Wiki Posts
Search

Food you’d like to see on BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I'd like to see that Club World JFK food on the rest of BA .....
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Whoopee Pie...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Satays as amuse bouche as on MH.
Return the fish pie.
Ice cream both ways not just outbound, maybe like CX when the Hagen Dazs trolley goes up and down.
Always ensure HP sauce sachets are available for the breakfast.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
An interesting article in this months The Club edition is with Mark Tazzioli who is in charge of food.

BA - The Club - The Executive Club
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Bring back:
Shaun Hill's fish pie
The four onion and swiss cheese tart wityh lentils that I had in CW about two centuries ago
Vegetable teriyaki vegetable stir fry with egg noodles and cashew nuts
Shell pasta with tomatoes, black olives, mozzarella and arugula

I never want to eat:
Cheeks of any kind
Anything containing truffles or truffle oil, especially the F gnocchi with truffled wallpaper paste! I feel quite ill just thinking about it.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Spicejet episode

Somewhat OT but still food related. Reading through some of the comment on this thread reminds me of a few years ago when flying Mumbai to Chennai on Spicejet. Packed flight and many passengers had pre-ordered meals which being India involved a certain amount of curry. Gotta say considering this was airline food it was pretty decent as far as curries go. However, what I didnt take into account at 35k ft is the aftermath of 100 + passengers eating curry in a confinded environment!! Suffice to say I was relieved to de-plane!!

ML
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HilFly

I never want to eat:
Cheeks of any kind
Anything containing truffles or truffle oil, especially the F gnocchi with truffled wallpaper paste! I feel quite ill just thinking about it.
I'll eat anything if I'm hungry enough....even pasta which says a lot, although I did choose and enjoy the pasta starter I once had on AZ long haul. However the wife is the fussiest person I've ever known. She refuses to anything 'fishy' 'mushroomy' 'spicy' or 'saucy' which doesn't leave much choice for her on most airline menus in any cabin class.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Peking duck, carved in front of the diner...
Unlikely that I would have thought given you'd need a knife and you can't get nail clippers on to a flight.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rapidex
Steak and kidney pudding.
had this once on a rare flight in First - and it was very good...
rapidex likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
As a VLML I would like to have some Quorn. I realise this won't be to everyone's taste but it would be great for me.
Your wish is their command. Whether it will be served LHR - BOS is another matter.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29477047-post1238.html
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
BA should ditch the 'vegan sushi' that they have a habit of serving for any special meal in CE. It's bland and not filling enough. It might would be tolerable they served it as a VGML if they included bigger portions and some soy sauce, but to to serve this as a VLML or non-vegetarian special meal makes BA look cheapskate.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Given that the BOB carts often run out of anything edible I interpreted the thread title “Food you’d like to see on BA” as à question to be answered with “yes” or “no”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.