Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food you’d like to see on BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
In all honesty I do not understand why they haven't adopted a Book the Cook type concept. BA does offer an option to choose your main course ex-UK thereby demonstrating that some sort of pre-ordering is deliverable. So why not broaden this out to offer a roster of favourites that are always on offer? So as well as the current menus in F,J and WTP let's have a choice of favourites which have proven to be popular over the years - fish pie, various curries, lamb shanks and so on. I know that some people do not want to order in advance but actually if nothing on the current menu looks good, then at least you can fall back on something that you know is good.

For example, on my last flight in F there was nothing on the menu that really interested me so fell back on the beef fillet. Now I know on BA this is a risky choice and in my case the poor animal died in vain yet again as the beef (despite my pleading) was nuked to death. I mean it was really poor. In this instance having a further choice of tried and tested dishes would have been welcome. I think for F this is more relevant since they curtailed the menu by dropping the bistro selection on board and now there seems to be only 3 choices of main once the new J 'concept; is rolled out (and it is the salad option which I often take which is being dropped).

For my money, bringing back a decent selection of canapes in F would get my vote together with a high-end selection of snacks between meals laid out in the galley.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Notsofreq

Can one expect Caviar on trips within Oz? Genuine question? I hope so.
No because the highest class is J and not F
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Something not covered in sauce unless integral to the recipe - ramekins people, ramekins!

and something milanese e.g. veal, chicken with a simple accompanied, pasta or new potatoes (I’m a simple soul...)
On AZ maybe... What about BA?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: ba exec club Gold
Kfc 🙏🏻
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Mark D Redpath
Kfc 🙏🏻

how fowl !

what about a pasty or how about some nice afternoon tea, scones, clotted cream etc ?

cs
HIDDY and HilFly like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:35 pm

Kfc 🙏🏻
They can't manage to deliver the chicken to their own restaurants. How they would find all those planes heaven only knows.

On second thoughts ... it would fit right in with the way BA deals with luggage.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jerub
Perhaps a solid Sheppard's Pie? You can omit the pastry, which will probably end up soggy and awful anyway.
But there is no pastry anyway. What is your recipe?
choosethedrew and chuckstar like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:31 am

Complete fantasy here, but a grandmother-figure cooking a complete roast in the galley, with the smells permeating the cabin while we wait in sweet anticipation. Her homemade apple pie and custard for dessert. And she is personally offended by any food left on the plate!
adrianlondon, smokie36 and Nils21 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
+1 for the Qantas pie's in Y had a couple last week very tasty and the pastry was good not soggy at all.
John
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Sandwiches without cheese!
Stez likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:11 am

Kfc 🙏🏻
No stock.Just like bob.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
JAL had a Japanese burger chain tie in a few years ago. It was very tasty, but you had to construct it from a kit of parts which wasn't easy in Y.

I guess that as with all things it would be nice to get some wit and invention, but it's tightly constrained mass catering, and they can't take any risks.

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
A simple ham and pease pudding stottie would seem like a good option to me.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think it is so hard to find things that please everyone! For instance, many here mention pies and may like sandwiches, that's pretty much my worst nightmare. By contrast, I'd love more grilled or raw (tartare, ceviche, etc) fish and seafood options which I am sure that many will dislike. I'm also interested in more variety in meats (veal, game meats, etc) but I suspect many actually do prefer chicken or beef or pasta!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bisonrav
JAL had a Japanese burger chain tie in a few years ago. It was very tasty, but you had to construct it from a kit of parts which wasn't easy in Y.

I guess that as with all things it would be nice to get some wit and invention, but it's tightly constrained mass catering, and they can't take any risks.
JL still do this from time-to-time, last period was a couple of months ago - JAL Group - PRESS RELEASES - JAL and MOS BURGER Introduces "AIR MOS Yakiniku Rice Burger?JAL SPECIAL" on Select International Routes

Yes, it's tightly constrained mass catering, but the real constraint here is BA's budget which I assume in F and CE in particular (the BA cabins I have most experience of catering in) are probably close to the lowest per passenger in the world for a full service airline. It's perfectly possible to provide edible, even enjoyable food across all cabins if you pay a supplier enough to provide it.

This is also why I don't see a 'book the cook' service happening - it costs too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.