Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A rare First flight & far from impressed......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A rare First flight & far from impressed......

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you

We have at least one of everything for one customer.
One just needs to be that customer.
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You cannot, but if a customer gave me their order when I was saying hello before takeoff I would give their choice to the crew member taking the orders.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Some posters are so taken up by the BA b/s that they are subtly asking whether or not the OP had the experience described.

BA have descended so far that I completely believe what the OP has said.

BA are a shadow of their former selves.

Many years ago, they sought to deliver an honest and professional service. They no longer care about that, and leave staff to apologise for terrible service. Not always, but often enough for it to be a pattern run from the top.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
We have to record any meals we refuse, I rarely have too but when I do it’s on less full cabins.
I'm Mr Curious today it seems. Apologies. But why would you refuse any meals?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Any customers who are refused their first choice.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I posted this the other day in a different thread (BA vs Etihad) but feel it is worth reposting.

"4 x BA First flights since Jan1 : 1 awful, 2 average and 1 excellent. On the way to passport control (in the lift to the train) I heard the crew of my flight laughing about how quickly the had got all the dinners/drinks served before clocking off (and it definitely felt that way cos I didnt see anyone for hours (three of us in paid First))

Golden ticket gone to the CSD of excellent flight (to DXB), posting on FT forum re the others, suggesting dont fly with BA.

Don't fly BA First"
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:29 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The crew can dim any of the windows from the control panel.
I believe they can also set it so that ALL of the windows are "closed" (darkened) or ALL are "open" (lightened).
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I've only flown BA once. It was three years ago, and then it was an IRROPS situation from a previous AA flight. We flew first class, bulkhead. The flight attendants were incredibly nice. The tea (it was an afternoon flight at this point) was acceptable.

But now, I have a first class BA flight coming up next month. I think I'm already concerned for my welfare...
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Any customers who are refused their first choice.
I am struggling. Why would anyone refuse their first choice?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Contrast with my recent experience in AA J, when the purser came to me as he had received notification that my seat was broken.

It was actually fine, but I liked the proactiveness.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Banana4321
I am struggling. Why would anyone refuse their first choice?
They don't. The crew has to 'refuse' the passenger first choice if they've run out.

As I read it CIHY is just saying crew record when this happens.
Banana4321 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
On the way to passport control (in the lift to the train) I heard the crew of my flight laughing about how quickly the had got all the dinners/drinks served before clocking off (and it definitely felt that way cos I didnt see anyone for hours
Why oh why would any crew member have this conversation in an airport, shuttle bus, or nearby hotel when it's clear you could be right next to a passenger. Not a good look, BA.
Sealink, LondonAndy and I2sky like this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by seanp7
Why oh why would any crew member have this conversation in an airport, shuttle bus, or nearby hotel when it's clear you could be right next to a passenger. Not a good look, BA.
Simple: because they don't care.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
BA is an airline we will will not fly again, for many of the reasons that OP posted.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Jeannietx
BA is an airline we will will not fly again, for many of the reasons that OP posted.
Fair enough if that was your experience. My treatment on and off board has always been good (or I made it good - diversion to NCL due to de-icing cock-ups? Let's spend the budget and book a suite and drinks until early morning. ; Non functioning IFE - Chat in the galley - funnily enough I find a lot of people are interested in chatting, sometimes I wish F didn't have beds, but recliners and the saved space could be used as smoking lounge for whisky and cigars.... wishful thinking I know!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.