Wiki Posts
Search

Cleaning ... or lack of ... again.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by MPH1980
From what I've seen - all cleaners have to sit in each seat, bring down the tray table to wipe it, check the pocket to remove detritus. Surely part of that should be 'look at the window beside you, look at the ceiling above you'?

No disagreement - but we're also not talking about a minor dot/mark - we're talking about some big streaks.
i seriously doubt it, my tray table is often dirty or has visible liquid marks suggesting it had not been even wiped
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

i seriously doubt it, my tray table is often dirty or has visible liquid marks suggesting it had not been even wiped
Hmm........

One wonders whether there is perhaps an additional revenue opportunity here for BA, as part of the fare type / add-on options (baggage, seat selection etc) offered at the booking stage.

- click here for seat selection
- click here for clean seat
- click here for clean table
- click here for clean seat and clean table

Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold

I thought that was the point of the hot towels? That's all I do with them (wipe everything down).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
It really gives such a bad impression of how the aircraft are looked after overall. If I was a first timer BA flyer on that flight I wouldn’t be booking again in a hurry.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by benjai
I thought that was the point of the hot towels? That's all I do with them (wipe everything down).
I had to ask for extra towels and some wipes on my last CW flight a few weeks ago to get the screen, the table, the arm-rests and to get some of the worst of the gunk out of the side of the chair. I'm really not a clean freak, but far too often BA CW (in particular) is really nasty.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC
I imagine that most look down when cleaning and it seems natural as most dirt is on the floor around us (below shoulder height), whether in an aircraft, on a train or in a building, most dirty places are below us. So I could see how this might be missed, its not an excuse as such.

Do the cleaners have a team leader of some description checking as they go? ensuring all areas are picked up on. If we are being really defensive on the cleaners part, the stains look like they are on the underside of the locker, so not immediate visible as you walk down the aisle, or head into the seat. As OP stated it was notable once you sat down but if they simply sat down or didn't look up or reach down (bent over) from the aisle to do the job, then their sight is focused downwards. They are human, we all make mistakes and miss stuff in life!

Hopefully the rest of your flight was good.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BA gold
I thought these stains are a pretty common sight, I've seen them on EK too.

It looks like something spilled from the overhead bins rather than turbulence, given the lack of a splash splatter?

Be interesting to know the aircraft registration and see if we can track it over time before it finally gets cleaned off
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Looks like someone squished the bed bugs on the ceiling :/
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by subject2load
One wonders whether there is perhaps an additional revenue opportunity here for BA
Or a LCC move - cheaper fares if you clean your own seat space?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP

MPH1980 had a slight omission....cleaners have less than three seconds to clean the tray table !
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stez
I thought these stains are a pretty common sight, I've seen them on EK too.

It looks like something spilled from the overhead bins rather than turbulence, given the lack of a splash splatter?

Be interesting to know the aircraft registration and see if we can track it over time before it finally gets cleaned off

G-EUUO ... just over row 3 on the A-C side.
Stez likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Nothing new or extra ordinary in a BA plane
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Originally Posted by MPH1980
G-EUUO ... just over row 3 on the A-C side.
How long before it evolves into a sentient being?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I've been watching too many forensic science shows, my first thought was someone got murdered and it was blood on the ceiling.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by shefgab
...Given the state a lot of passengers leave aircraft, I think given the limited cleaning time (set by BA) the cleaners by and large do an excellent job.
Bloody passengers!! The bane of BA's life...
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.