Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA club world drawer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

BA club world drawer

does anyone know the dimensions of the BA club world storage drawer?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I'm not sure of that but it certainly takes a 15 inch laptop IIRC. I'll go and have a look and see if I can find any dimensions. Is there something you are looking to store?

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board At a and I am sure someone will be along with a specific answer.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by At a
does anyone know the dimensions of the BA club world storage drawer?
Approx 1000x500x200 Bed Bugs
355F1, 20Rothmans and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Looking at buying a travel case for a 12" iPad Pro, may go A4 and want to ensure fit.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:37 pm

Looking at buying a travel case for a 12" iPad Pro, may go A4 and want to ensure fit.
That would definitely fit.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
My old laptop bag (40x30x8cm) fits into the tray ok, with a bit of gentle squsihing. My new laptop bag (37x28x6cm) fits comfortably. And yes, one of the criteria when buying the new bag was that it must fit into the CW tray :-)
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I wouldn't necessarily put my iPad where a) other put there dirty shoes and b) where it can easily be forgotten. BTW My 11/11.5 UK size shoes fit in. An iPad Pro should in theory fit in as well.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux
I wouldn't necessarily put my iPad where a) other put there dirty shoes and b) where it can easily be forgotten. BTW My 11/11.5 UK size shoes fit in. An iPad Pro should in theory fit in as well.
Easily resolved with anti-bacterial wipes which I always use on board for such things (irrelevant of the airline) So personally I don't worry if someones shoes have been there previously or not but that's not what this thread is about really.
NeverFirst and SussexFly like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
Easily resolved with anti-bacterial wipes which I always use on board for such things (irrelevant of the airline) So personally I don't worry if someones shoes have been there previously or not but that's not what this thread is about really.
Yeah one wipe or three wipes and all bacteria is gone. haha What ever makes your feel safe or healthy.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:58 pm

Yes very true. It say so on the front and is a fact.

I'd like to know what the 0.1% it doesn't kill though.

Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

It does kill everything but for legal reasons they can’t claim 100% success. Of the billions of bacteria on a surface, the odd one or two are bound to survive hence 99.9%.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:06 pm

It obviously leaves the 0.1% strongest, nastiest, angriest, most vicious bacteria behind. The ones that, until you killed them all, were being held in check by the 99.9%.
Dambus, Crampedin13A and squawk like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Laptop or iPad cases get placed on airline seats, train seats, train tables, office tables, held by the user's hands, and exposed to all sorts of other unsanitary surfaces. The CW drawer is well down my list of places I'd hesitate to put it.

Forgetting it is always a possibility, but a strong discipline of always checking your seat area pockets before leaving and packing the drawer contents into the carryon bag before landing (rather that hurriedly after landing) helps prevent this. Personally I also take an inventory of all the things I usually take out of the bag in-flight when repacking, to cross-check that none are missing.

A 13" Mac fits in the drawer easily, a 15" might just about. 12" iPad, no problem. The drawer is longer than most people think, because it does not open all the way. The gap when open is some 8cm shorter than the inside of the actual drawer.
PETER01 likes this.

Last edited by flatlander; Jan 27, 2018 at 7:37 am Reason: clarify which dimension is greater
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Mine on upper deck 747 row 63 the other month or so was swimming with liquid...go figure! This was at Heathrow. Oh thank goodness I am flying Qatar tonight..😁
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:09 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I have a 15" laptop and it fits in the CW drawer. I have a thin laptop and the drawer is fairly deep. I think it would actually fit two laptops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.