Wiki Posts
Search

Is the Five Tuns still open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bakera
Thanks for the info.

once checked in I’m not going to have access to the car. Any ideas when the new venture will be open for business (flights not until 10th March)?
From T5 you can take the underground to T3 and then a bus every few minutes along to the Marriott on the Bath road and walk to the Pheasant.

I presume there must be buses that go along the Bath Rd to and from T5, but I don't know if they're as frequent as the ones out the Central Bus Station (which is directly above the underground station.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by bakera

No - but I’ve booked a car parking inclusive package. I had assumed that I would not be able to leave/re-enter. Is this not the case?
Ahh I misread thought you were flying. Some hotels let you come and go the night of your stay before you leave the car there. Check with the front desk or tweet the hotel
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
From T5 you can take the underground to T3 and then a bus every few minutes along to the Marriott on the Bath road and walk to the Pheasant.

I presume there must be buses that go along the Bath Rd to and from T5, but I don't know if they're as frequent as the ones out the Central Bus Station (which is directly above the underground station.
Try this...

www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/buses-and-coaches/local-buses

You have to click on the 'Heathrow free travel map' link.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
No - but I’ve booked a car parking inclusive package. I had assumed that I would not be able to leave/re-enter. Is this not the case?

nope, I guess it depends on the hotel — speak to reception— but I’ve been in and out the Crownze Plaza and the Hilton Garden Inn.

Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:01 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Sofitel will allow you to drive out and then repark. However, if I were going to a pub I would use other forms of transport so I was still able to partake...
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid

I love the Pheasant ... looking forward to it later this week !
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I love the Pheasant ... looking forward to it later this week !
Wow - that's a blast from my past. Used it regularly about 25 years ago, it was quite a little gem. Glad to hear it's still going strong.
Wembleygal likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:26 am

If you fancy a treat, La Belle Époque in the Sofitel is outstanding. Very upscale dining experience, the dishes are works of art.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Personally I'd love to try La Belle Époque - but the wife is a very nervous flyer and restricts what she eats and drinks the night before a flight. Choices at the Sofitel appear to be fine dining (too rich) or Asian (too spicy) - so we'll be going for some good English pub grub.I contacted the Sofitel through tripadvisor and confirmed that I will be able to drive out - so thanks to everyone for recommending the Pheasant, looking forward to it.
Wembleygal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.