Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points to reach Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
The threshold is already too low, and frankly should increase to sth like 3000TPs for Gold and 10k for GGL. And perhaps should include higher limit on BA earned points too, there are too many people doing 1 run and earning two years of status crowding first wing and lounges.
I'm not debating that Gold should be higher/lower - merely a lower retention value (eg. rewarding continued loyalty). It could be 2000 first time, 1800 afterwards - the actual values are beside my thought
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Recondite
I'm not debating that Gold should be higher/lower - merely a lower retention value (eg. rewarding continued loyalty). It could be 2000 first time, 1800 afterwards - the actual values are beside my thought
What would be the rationale for doing this, for the passenger or for the airline? And would you apply it only to Gold, or also to Silver and Bronze?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
The threshold is already too low, and frankly should increase to sth like 3000TPs for Gold and 10k for GGL. And perhaps should include higher limit on BA earned points too, there are too many people doing 1 run and earning two years of status crowding first wing and lounges.
I fully agree! While we're suggesting changes, let's also ban anyone from the lounge on an I class fare
florens likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey

I fully agree! While we're suggesting changes, let's also ban anyone from the lounge on an I class fare
Agreed, perhaps exclude HBO fares altogether as well. I am sure we can get those management jobs that BA was advertising Filthy, what do you reckon
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:54 am

Agreed, perhaps exclude HBO fares altogether as well. I am sure we can get those management jobs that BA was advertising Filthy, what do you reckon
Count me in! If it was up to me, I'd shut the lounges altogether. Full of bloody freeloaders

Think of the cost savings. Alex would be delighted!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
No lounge access for pax in Y irrespective of status, lounge access only if in paid J not GUF or avios, no CCR access for cardholders unless on full fare business or paid F (not GUF)
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jamier45
No lounge access for pax in Y irrespective of status, no CCR access for cardholders unless on full fare business or paid F (not GUF)
Just because you lost your CCR card darling (to great delight of IAG shareholders, might I add), you don't have to take it up on us, point collecting, hard-working, folk who occasionally mix in short-haul Y cabins with riffraff.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What would be the rationale for doing this, for the passenger or for the airline? And would you apply it only to Gold, or also to Silver and Bronze?
I think I'm more just used to seeing it in the ME airlines (QR, EY, EK) - as I say, for me it just feels like a reward for remaining loyal to them. Hilton are following in the hotel sector in a similar scheme whereby Diamond nights in excess of the 60 required nights count towards the following year (although I'm not in favour of something quite that over the top...!).

Sorry, and yes - apply to all tiers.

Originally Posted by Jamier45
No lounge access for pax in Y irrespective of status, lounge access only if in paid J not GUF or avios, no CCR access for cardholders unless on full fare business or paid F (not GUF)
So, er, remove one of the main benefits of status. Seems logical.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I think we've reached the point where nobody is sure who's being serious...
LTN Phobia and Recondite like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyuk
Welcome to crazy world of BA Flyertalk I am sure one of the esteemed ambassadors will be along shortly to offer a fully-fledged formal welcome, but it's good to see you here
flyuk likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Welcome to crazy world of BA Flyertalk I am sure one of the esteemed ambassadors will be along shortly to offer a fully-fledged formal welcome, but it's good to see you here
Thanks!

I've been on here occasionally from a work account to monitor feedback on some systems we have, but this is my first personal account as I'm just about to become one of those single journey BAEC Silvers. I'll be sure to wear a t-shirt identifying me as such in the lounges, and I'll stick to soft drinks and plain crisps.
Recondite likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks!

I've been on here occasionally from a work account to monitor feedback on some systems we have, but this is my first personal account as I'm just about to become one of those single journey BAEC Silvers. I'll be sure to wear a t-shirt identifying me as such in the lounges, and I'll stick to soft drinks and plain crisps.
Excellent, I hear bright yellow is in fashion. There are also FT tags you can attach to your luggage to help self-identify
flyuk likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:57 am

Thanks!

I think people would prefer it if you could change that and stick to tap water, thanks.
nufnuf77 and flyuk like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Recondite
I think people would prefer it if you could change that and stick to tap water, thanks.
Only £20 a glass! Oh, and don't even think about using one of the seats. There's standing room down the back
Recondite and flyuk like this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Welcome indeed flyuk I can see you're going to fit in very well here
flyuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.