Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The travel documents details you have entered are not valid for this flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex BA/platinum, BAec blue.

flying out tomorrow on BA 59 and tried to check in this evening, but received a message
shown in the title above. So not fully checked in. the message suggest we need to go to
(ATA Travel Centre ) which we have done and entered the info they required from the
passport . All the info from the passport was given and ticked ok , but not sure this info
was transferred to BA. Tried again to check in , but same results with the same message
( documents for this flight are not valid ). Do I need to worry, or just tun up at the airport
and hope every thing is ok. BA state that our contact centre staff canot helpyou resolve
issues regarding passports.. Any advice would be welcome.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TONY123
the message suggest we need to go to (ATA Travel Centre ) which we have done and entered the info they required from the passport . All the info from the passport was given and ticked ok , but not sure this info was transferred to BA. Tried again to check in , but same results with the same message ( documents for this flight are not valid ).
Have you tried to enter the information directly into your booking via ba.com? That is the next thing that I would try.

Even if you never enter any of your passport details into your booking in advance, you should still be able to check-in at the airport and travel. You simply cannot check-in online in advance. So ultimately I would not worry about this if everything else in your booking is fine (including having ticket numbers, although you will have to go to another source to check this rather than ba.com).

You might also want to have a look at this thread in case there's anything relevant to you in there: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ficulties.html
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
BA59 is Cape Town, by the way.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
BA59 goes where? Perhaps there is some specific info that that country needs or you need something like an ESTA and BA can't see you have one.

What is ATA Travel Centre? Did BA direct you there?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Cape Town apparently.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Perhaps it means IATA travel centre (IATA - Personalised Passport, Visa & Health travel documentation advice) which looks like just a visa and health check service. I doubt any info would transfer back to BA. As UKtravelbear said this may be an indication that BA think you need a visa or ESTA equivalent?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
OP are you traveling with children under 18 years of age ? If so this may be the issue and BA wanna check you have all the document required for Home Affiars ( South African immigration ) to grant you entry into South Africa. New requirements, introduced by the South African Department of Home Affairs from 1 June 2015, specify that all minors (children under 18 years) are required to produce, in addition to their passport, an Unabridged Birth Certificate which shows the details of both parents for all international travel to and from South Africa. Further documentation may be required. Trust me all airlines are on the ball when it comes to checking these documents before allowing you to travel to SA.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies, Flame 3601, it's interesting in what you say, I do have a booking
for my daughter with her infant daughter who are joining us in ZA, flying out in Feb, and they have yet
to enter there advanced passenger info, until they receive the baby's new passport, but they have
a seperate booking reference and can't see how they would link the booking to mine. But you never know.
Im sure our passports are up to date and hope when I check in at the desk tomorrow, all will be ok.
Thanks for your help
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Yeah i highly doubht BA would link your daughters booking to yours and if they did there would be no reason to stop you anyway , however i can not stress enough that you ensure your daughter is fully aware of what documentation she needs to enter South Africa with her daughter - so many family/friends have been caught out thinking they had everything they needed. I would proactively ensure you are at the airport tomorrow nice and early to counteract any delay that may arise in trying to sort out any issue they may pop up, hopefully everything will be okay and please report back on how things go at the airport. On a lighter note , a utter scorcher this week in Cape Town leaving me with quite the tan !
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TONY123
Thank you all for your replies, Flame 3601, it's interesting in what you say, I do have a booking
for my daughter with her infant daughter who are joining us in ZA, flying out in Feb, and they have yet
to enter there advanced passenger info, until they receive the baby's new passport, but they have
a seperate booking reference and can't see how they would link the booking to mine. But you never know.
Im sure our passports are up to date and hope when I check in at the desk tomorrow, all will be ok.
Thanks for your help
do you have more than 6 months validity on your passport?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
First thing to do is to call BA. Maybe there is a serious problem and going to the airport a bit early won't be early enough. Why on earth chance this?

For what it is worth, it is the BA website which needs the proper information. Anything you may have entered elsewhere may or may not be helpful.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:24 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I had the exact same message which I posted about (post #23)in this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...culties-2.html

Eventually found out I was checked in on line and no issues at the check in desk. Appears to have been because of a visa check only as I was able to get mobile BPs as soon as I walked away from check in.

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Dec 30, 2017 at 10:02 pm Reason: Spelling error
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

In answer to your later post above. CaroFos, yes have more than 6 months left on passport.
Often1. I'm checked in, and issued with mobile boarding pass, my wife is checked in but needs to
resolve issue on her passport with IATA. I have been online to IATA and filled out a standard form
with all passport details & travel details and printed out there results. Type Ok. Summary -: Yes, The
documents you hold is sufficient based on your details and the itinerary provided. So will take this
printed confirmation that her details are correct to the airport.
Saltire 74. Yes, I think it passport/ visa issue, But no visa required to ZA if less than 3 months. It may
be to do with the fact my wife renewed her passport at the end of 2016 and BA still held her previous
information. BA showed in MMB that all passenge info was ok, so didn't bother to check. Now that we
have checked in, I can't see that advanced passenger info to make any adjustments.
We have been flying each year to ZA for a long time and the only changes to the advanced passenger
inforrmation were passports, so hopefully everything should be ok.

May be a coincidence, but a friend of mine is also flying to CPT today, but on BA 43 and phoned me
late last night to explain that he has the same issues as us when checking. So it may well be a glitch
on BA IT.
I will report back if I have any issues .
information w
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about the way the format above printed,but I I'm having difficulty with the web site, its
continually freezing
Tony
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Update. Phoned BA this morning, after checking my details, they confirmed that
it was a random check and that all our details are correct and to pick up our
boarding cards at the airport later today.
Many Thanks for all your advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.