Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Aircraft swap. Would BA allow me to change flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

BA has just made a schedule (only 5 minutes) and aircraft change for a 2-4-1 flight to JFK in F that I have booked for May next year. (777 to 747).

I assume the answer is no, but you never now... would they ever consider moving me to another flight on the basis that I'd prefer to fly on a different aircraft? I had specifically chosen a 777 operated service because I tend to prefer the more spacious 777 in First and I would like to make the friend I'm travelling with try different aircraft types.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They won't move you because of aircraft preference, but they will move you due to a schedule change. Fortunately these often go together.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They won't move you because of aircraft preference, but they will move you due to a schedule change. Fortunately these often go together.
The schedule change is only of 5 minutes though! That is not enough surely.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ringingup
The schedule change is only of 5 minutes though! That is not enough surely.
It is why I mentioned it, 1 minute is sufficient.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

It is why I mentioned it, 1 minute is sufficient.
That would be great! I thought it was something like 2 hours.

Would they move me onto a service without reward availability?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:21 am

Two hours is for refunds. Now I must admit you have triggered a doubt in my mind since you're on a redemption and 2-4-1, but I'm sure you will update this thread after you have called up.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum

That would be great! I thought it was something like 2 hours.

Would they move me onto a service without reward availability?
I’ve had that happen due to a last minute change. Not so sure about further out.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Actually, now that I've checked the other flights that day, all flights after 4 pm are operated by 747s...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
OP , please do update us when you call. I have had inbound and outbound flight time changes , by 5mins as well, and would love to be placed on a earlier flight coming back from PRG.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601
OP , please do update us when you call. I have had inbound and outbound flight time changes , by 5mins as well, and would love to be placed on a earlier flight coming back from PRG.
I’m not sure if I’m going to call. The services before and the one after are also operated by a 747.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
I have a fight from Inv lhr las that has been moved from 12.05 to 12-45 departure, don’t suppose I could change the airport to Glasgow ?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:05 am

I’m not sure if I’m going to call. The services before and the one after are also operated by a 747.
No problem , i will give it a go then on behalf of the forum then ! Hopefully i do not sound like a bit of a blonker asking for a flight change due to a 5min flight change ...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
No problem , i will give it a go then on behalf of the forum then ! Hopefully i do not sound like a bit of a blonker asking for a flight change due to a 5min flight change ...
Don't worry - us ex-BDers are very used to getting schedule changes granted base on <5 mins movements in timings. Dennis in Pune would always sort us out.

Those were they days.....
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Don't worry - us ex-BDers are very used to getting schedule changes granted base on <5 mins movements in timings. Dennis in Pune would always sort us out.

Those were they days.....
Hehe Dennis in Pune , sounds like a gentlemen of note ! Before i take the plunge will BA move me even if no redemption seating is available or will the only move me if redemption seating is available ... free of charge of course !

Two hours is for refunds. Now I must admit you have triggered a doubt in my mind since you're on a redemption and 2-4-1, but I'm sure you will update this thread after you have called up.
How giving are BA in these situations , will they switch the inbound and outbound by 1 day and change flight time or is that pushing the boat out ?

Last edited by Flame3601; Dec 21, 2017 at 9:22 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Woody12354
I have a fight from Inv lhr las that has been moved from 12.05 to 12-45 departure, don’t suppose I could change the airport to Glasgow ?
I was going to ask the same for a time change from/to INV, Changing to ABZ would be very handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.