Wiki Posts
Search

£300 voucher for delay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Thanks for coming back polemarch
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by subject2load
This £100 is presumably (?) in the form of a voucher to be applied against the cost of a future BA flight, rather than cash.

If so, do we know if there are any special T&C’s / restrictions relating to its use ?

The main restriction is that it can't be used on Avios bookings, or OnBusiness redemptions, so essentially it's for revenue flights.

I personally think they are very handy forms of payment and it's a pity BA doesn't retail them generally - they make the payment process in ticket transactions very quick since there is no merchant authorisation required. They should open this up to sell them to us really - they would be an ideal wedding present since a number of people could chip in their own e-voucher. They work like Amazon gift cards, you have a 125 ticket which is the e-voucher, you can use them online towards a booking. There is a box for them on the payment page in BA.com. If you don't use all the value in the transaction there is an automated email that reissues the ticket/voucher for what ever is left and then you can use it on the next transaction. You can also use them to buy flights for other people, it's not personalised. The only slightly annoying thing relates to the final transaction, where it is typically part voucher, part cash - that is easy to do online, but that ticket then won't get a POUG option, it's not a self-serve ticket and any changes will involve a telephone call. More details, including the Ts&Cs referenced above here:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

The main restriction is that it can't be used on Avios bookings, or OnBusiness redemptions, so essentially it's for revenue flights.

I personally think they are very handy forms of payment and it's a pity BA doesn't retail them generally - they make the payment process in ticket transactions very quick since there is no merchant authorisation required. They should open this up to sell them to us really - they would be an ideal wedding present since a number of people could chip in their own e-voucher. They work like Amazon gift cards, you have a 125 ticket which is the e-voucher, you can use them online towards a booking. There is a box for them on the payment page in BA.com. If you don't use all the value in the transaction there is an automated email that reissues the ticket/voucher for what ever is left and then you can use it on the next transaction. You can also use them to buy flights for other people, it's not personalised. The only slightly annoying thing relates to the final transaction, where it is typically part voucher, part cash - that is easy to do online, but that ticket then won't get a POUG option, it's not a self-serve ticket and any changes will involve a telephone call. More details, including the Ts&Cs referenced above here:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
Can they be used against BA Holidays CWS?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gomac
Can they be used against BA Holidays CWS?
I don't think so but I don't actually know.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Ok, thanks for additional info CWS.

The e-Voucher T&C’s are indeed agreeably short ; in fact, remarkably so !
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MrMutton
Not a comprehensive study by any means, but three people who's profile say they are GCH mention upthread that they got £300 vouchers - do your friends have status? Could that be the factor?
One Bronze and one Blue, both in Euro Traveller
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Nice touch from BA! We were on a companion booking returning from BKK and have been given the £300 voucher each (we are silver and bronze). Circled LHR for what felt like 30 mins and then got diverted to LGW where we had to wait an hour or so for bags. Slightly longer taxi journey home but all in all I was just happy to have not ended up in Leeds or somewhere painful!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:59 am

So is there any pattern to the vouchers?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Friend in Y from DXB diverted to CDG got £100 voucher.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Me and the wife are blue, we were in CE from KEF. She's had the email. I haven't. £300
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:34 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
No email for us (2 GCH adults, 1 GCH child and 1 infant) ET Basel-LHR on Sunday afternoon. Flight scheduled for 1520, took off at 2020, got as far as overParis, turned back and landed back in Basel at 2145. Rebooking process was painfully slow and they weren't providing hotels. We had to book our own. No meal vouchers provided. No BA presence at all at the airport. Everything done by airport staff. No attempt to prioritise young children, old or gold. Eventually got to the front of the queue at 0130 to get rebooked for evening flight 2 days later on Tuesday evening. All BA telephone lines down or unanswered.
My 4 year old slept on the floor for over 3 hours on our coats. Our infant slept and occasionally woke to scream.

We eventually got to a hotel that we booked by 0330. Woke again at 0700 and when looking on BA.com, saw an open flight BA571 at 1100 with free seats. Again, phone lines not answered and auto disconnecting. MMB asking for £1000 + to change to that flight, so we took a gamble, got the children out of bed and took them back to the airport half asleep to try and rebook.
Check in was in process so we queued up and asked to be transferred- which they did thankfully.
We flew home on Monday 11 Dec on BA 571 which was 1/3 full.

I have managed to speak to BA since getting back home and they have promised to refund my hotel and taxi expenses directly into my bank acct. plus 10,000 Avios
however we've reflected on the lack of care provided by BA in Basel and quite frankly, it's probably better if they didn't give me another £300 reason to fly with them again.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
What I don’t understand is why they booked you on a flight TWO days later when there was a near empty flight the following morning!!

The money wasted at BA is insane!!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:59 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Yes, we were told the earliest flight avail was 2 days later. Then presumably at some point during the late night / early AM, BA created a flight to get our stranded plane back to LHR but didn't bother informing any of the stranded passengers of this, so it was only those that proactively checked obsessively that got on. Staggering.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
I received a GUF2 for a cancelled/rerouted S/H flight at the weekend. Non-EC members on the booking got a £100 voucher.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, CCR, Ethihad Gold, Hhonors Diamond
GUF 2 for reward booking in ET MAD - LHR. Was the thick end of 11hours on board, but hey I'm grateful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.