Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£300 voucher for delay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Rio (GIG) to LHR on Sunday 10. The 23.00 departure was delayed to 5.00 am the next day. I sat in the Plaza lounge at GIG and had a nap. In fact, on arrival at LHR yesterday, I had one of the smoothest and fastest arrival experiences in memory. Empty immigration and baggage hall. I was in the CW cabin.
So your fears about being like a refugee and sleeping on the floor were unfounded then?

Sounds like a 6 hour delay was quite acceptable in the circumstances......
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:32 am

To add another data point, I was delayed at DUS and have received an email saying I will get a £100 voucher.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Oneworld
Originally Posted by simons1
So your fears about being like a refugee and sleeping on the floor were unfounded then?

Sounds like a 6 hour delay was quite acceptable in the circumstances......
BA asked me to check in on time for the original departure time even though everyone knew the flight from London was running late. So that was a shame. At Check-in we were given a meal voucher but I did not bother in lieu of lounge access. I was worried about being kicked out of the lounge at 2:00 am but when I got to the Plaza, they said it does not close, which runs counter to the published info on their site. All in all, I am very happy with how things worked out.. BA even swapped the meal service on board, so we had breakfast on departure and lunch later before we landed. The CSM said this was her call and was even a bit worried about justifying it. I told her I thought it was the most appropriate decision under the circumstances.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I just got the email too for £300. My flight was 4 hours late out of Zagreb, I then ended up in Cardiff instead of LHR and had the pleasure of a bus back. However as I said on the other thread - BA have handled 'me' well though all this and the voucher is icing on the cake.

Regards

aks120
PETER01, rapidex and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by aks120; Dec 12, 2017 at 12:51 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

I received the same email following my ordeal where a 12:20 (French time) CE flight NCE-LHR eventually left at 15:45 (I think), diverted to BOH arriving 17:30, and we were sequestered onboard until approx. 21:30 (combination of immigration and airport operations prevented our being able to disembark). By the time I cleared the long immigration queue in BOH, it was after 22:00. As bags were to have been unloaded (and there were some NCE bags on carousel) I waited with many other passengers until at about 22:30 we were advised that not all bags were offloaded, and those without bags should see the one baggage agent. Eventually he and we gave up trying to do the forms one passenger at a time, and each passenger wrote out a form and handed it to the agent. 22:45 we exited baggage claim to find that the promised transportation to LHR had already left, and it would likely be after midnight before another transport would arrive. Several of us were able to combine in a taxi (GBP185 to LHR) by 23:00. There were very few taxis so I consider myself quite fortunate to have even had that as an option. Arrived LHR 0:30 sans bagages and a bit lighter in the wallet, eventually I arrived 01:00 at my hotel in Kensington.

GBP300 voucher is a nice proactive gesture, but I am still without baggage (or even contact from BA baggage services) despite having completed my own online form at BA.com and having spoken the next day at length with a Galleries agent in T3 who kindly communicated with baggage services on my behalf. I'm now in Philadelphia, having flown AA Businesss on same ticket as my NCE-BOH segment with BA. If BA reunites me with my bags promptly and picks up at least my cost of getting to London from BOH, I will say they've done about as much as they can under to circumstances to set things right. If the baggage situation persists much longer (it's now been 56 hours since checking in my bag at NCE - still no trace reported in the ba.com tracking) and they push back on covering what was really by that point urgent shared transport to London, I'd consider the voucher, frankly, to be lipstick on a pig!

For what it's worth, I had deliberately left the long connection in LHR so I could have two relaxing flights with a nice dinner and nice sleep in London in between. The disruption prevented my having dinner at all and left me with a few hours only of sleep after a journey from Nice to London that took long enough to get me about halfway from NCE to Australia.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The speed at which this is happening is very impressive. Will take the edge of the horror some endured
florens likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
I got an email as well, I was trying to do DUB-LHR-IAH, and didnt make it to LHR after an hour so routed DUB-ORD-IAH. A nice proactive gesture, and wasnt planning on trying to claim anything else other than hotel/food/taxis.

It also allowed me to try a the Aer Lingus biz service- and I must say I was impressed. Pre-clearance in Dublin is superb and if you are lucky enough to get a 'throne' seat, they are superb in terms of space and comfort of bed. Perhaps someday in the future we will be able to earn OneWorld level of TP/Avios with EI.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
I received the email too. £300 voucher for the 4 hour delay sat on the tarmac waiting for a stand on arrival at LHR.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by OnslowSW7
I got an email as well, I was trying to do DUB-LHR-IAH, and didnt make it to LHR after an hour so routed DUB-ORD-IAH. A nice proactive gesture, and wasnt planning on trying to claim anything else other than hotel/food/taxis.

It also allowed me to try a the Aer Lingus biz service- and I must say I was impressed. Pre-clearance in Dublin is superb and if you are lucky enough to get a 'throne' seat, they are superb in terms of space and comfort of bed. Perhaps someday in the future we will be able to earn OneWorld level of TP/Avios with EI.
Lets see if my 8 hour wait and a cancelled flight at LHR to IAH gets anything....
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Friends on the NCE-LHR flight that got diverted to CWL on Sunday were "only" offered £100 each
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Schultzois
I received the same email following my ordeal where a 12:20 (French time) CE flight NCE-LHR eventually left at 15:45 (I think), diverted to BOH arriving 17:30, and we were sequestered onboard until approx. 21:30 (combination of immigration and airport operations prevented our being able to disembark). By the time I cleared the long immigration queue in BOH, it was after 22:00. As bags were to have been unloaded (and there were some NCE bags on carousel) I waited with many other passengers until at about 22:30 we were advised that not all bags were offloaded, and those without bags should see the one baggage agent. Eventually he and we gave up trying to do the forms one passenger at a time, and each passenger wrote out a form and handed it to the agent. 22:45 we exited baggage claim to find that the promised transportation to LHR had already left, and it would likely be after midnight before another transport would arrive. Several of us were able to combine in a taxi (GBP185 to LHR) by 23:00. There were very few taxis so I consider myself quite fortunate to have even had that as an option. Arrived LHR 0:30 sans bagages and a bit lighter in the wallet, eventually I arrived 01:00 at my hotel in Kensington.
I feel your pain but it got worse.... we were CE on the 993 from Berlin to LHR at 1225. Our timings were pretty much like yours. Ended up in BOH at 1745, allowed off at 2100 and exited baggage claim about 2200 (at leats we had ours!) only to see the last coach disappear. My wife and I saw you all come out sans baggage whilst we were waiting for the promised coach at midnight - we were helping look after a lovely old French woman in a wheelchair who also didn’t have baggage back. Glad you got the taxi, as about 1130 there were about 30 of us left when we were told the buses had now been cancelled and we had to sort ourselves out. Taxis were only choice left and told BA couldn’t make payment until morning but couldn’t offer accommodation. Managed to get the old lady into a taxi back to her son in Highgate with another London passenger, then waited longer for another. Got taken to cash point to get funds and then Home just after 1 am. (Followed by picking the car up next day from LHR). God only knows How the ones with no cash or UK money got on.

We both had £300 emails today. Contacted Gold line yesterday to get a link to claim, and submitted my claim this morning for the £150 for the taxi I shelled out for. Late afternoon got a call from the claims rep dealing to get my bank details and agreeing to pay straight away. A nightmare journey and we were abandoned at Bournemouth but they have done well to try and set this right.

Last edited by simonmac; Dec 12, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Will be interesting to see who gets this or what the criteria are...
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by Firipu
Friends on the NCE-LHR flight that got diverted to CWL on Sunday were "only" offered £100 each
Not a comprehensive study by any means, but three people who's profile say they are GCH mention upthread that they got £300 vouchers - do your friends have status? Could that be the factor?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by MrMutton
Not a comprehensive study by any means, but three people who's profile say they are GCH mention upthread that they got £300 vouchers - do your friends have status? Could that be the factor?
My other wondering was CE vs ET...
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Still have yet to receive the email notifying us of our cancelled flight on Sunday! Maybe that is why nothing is through yet for our 48-hr delay? At least we made it today and were re-united with our baggage despite the system thanks to some very helpful BA staff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.