Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Flight Club and First Dining Removed from PHL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Flight Club and First Dining Removed from PHL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by sts603

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The 'new' pre flight dining offering - which is healthier & fresher is now available at all PFD stations.
Guests can choose from a range of freshly made Panini's, a large selection of salads, a curry bar, some local delicacies & healthy desserts.
There are various pre-plated options available which are prepared & finished by the chefs in the lounges, the portions are served in new contemporary crockery.
We have also introduced a new menu for our First guests in PHL after listening to customer feedback from recent changes.

So all J pre flight dining now doesn’t have proper meals? Including JFK? Big thumbs down if so. And baffling when AA and UA are now offering proper meals after years of not doing so.

Is the f dining in PHL back to what it was before?
It would be disappointing if the JFK PFD has been downgraded, I really prefer not having to sacrifice sleep time in order to eat on JFK-LHR overnights. Will be interested to read reports. Thanks as always to CIHY for the updates.

I'm due to fly F from PHL in the coming week. Will report back if time permits a visit to the F dining, though can't make a comparison to before, I've only had BA F preflight dining in the US at IAD, EWR (is it even there anymore? that was a few years ago) and the JFK CCR. Am hoping it is at least half-decent, allowing a bit more sleep on the TATL.

Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rossmacd
The only complaint I have lodged is the broken seat on the UD - far more important to me than bothering trying to get BA to improve their ground product.
There's nothing wrong with two complaints per flight!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
So, F pre-flight dining is definitely back at PHL, I was the only taker on my flight last week despite a more than half full F cabin on the flight. I guess they wanted their onboard F experience, most of them seemed to eat onboard, I was happy to eat this and maximise sleep. A few pictures of the menu and the dishes below. The roasted veg in the salad and the desserts were the same as those featured on the GC buffet (the picture of the various desserts was taken over the rope between F dining and GC). The rest of the menu is F-specific. Menu was billed as the Dec-Jan menu, so I guess it's due to change next week. In the name of FT, I tried or photographed everything except the gnocchi, that would have been a step too far for my appetite...

PHL F Pre-Flight Dining Menu

Pretty deserted.

Soup was good enough, though under-seasoned.

Roasted Veg Salad was fresh and flavoursome

Filet Mignon, tasted pretty good for a lounge.

Ordered medium rare, better than I could ever have hoped for onboard with BA.

The desserts on the F menu were from the GC buffet

Had the Acai Berry & Yogurt Parfait, it was all I could manage at that point, not bad.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
At PHL now. No access to PFD (on AA ticket to MAN) as they are over capacity. I see 4 people sat in the dining area and the BA flight is delayed.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
I'm scheduled to take the late (22:00 departure) BA 68 from PHL to LHR in a few weeks. (This is still listed on BA's website as a "Sleeper Service", although I think CIHY has stated that there really isn't such a thing anymore.) As a GCH traveling in CW, what can I expect from the lounge's pre-flight dining offering? Given the timing of the flight, I'm keen to eat prior to departure. If I can't expect something decent from the lounge, I'd like to know so I can stop off someplace for a proper meal.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Infinite Possibilities
I'm scheduled to take the late (22:00 departure) BA 68 from PHL to LHR in a few weeks. (This is still listed on BA's website as a "Sleeper Service", although I think CIHY has stated that there really isn't such a thing anymore.) As a GCH traveling in CW, what can I expect from the lounge's pre-flight dining offering? Given the timing of the flight, I'm keen to eat prior to departure. If I can't expect something decent from the lounge, I'd like to know so I can stop off someplace for a proper meal.

Thanks in advance!
GCH travelling CW will get the club world buffet.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP

Thanks in advance!
I recently took this flight in July of this year. As CIHY stated their is no “Sleeper Service” anymore and onboard you will get a full meal (dinner) and a light breakfast before landing. Pre-flight dining is not as good as it was a couple of years ago. It is now made up of some toasted sandwiches (which are ok), and from what I could see a noodle/dim-sum station. There was also salad, soup, deserts and cheese. There is enough to stop anyone from going hungry.
If you plan to sleep and not have the meal on the plane it may be a good idea to eat beforehand to get a full meal.

I do miss the “Good Night Express” on the BA66 and “Sleeper Service” on BA 68 as both of these did allow one to maximize sleep on the short Philly to London night flight.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Is the F pre-flight dining still up in PHL?

The departure time for BA66, flying late November, has been changed from 18.00 to 21.10. PFD would be fine then, with activities planned next day, so planning to sleep during flight.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by onobond
Is the F pre-flight dining still up in PHL?

The departure time for BA66, flying late November, has been changed from 18.00 to 21.10. PFD would be fine then, with activities planned next day, so planning to sleep during flight.
Looks like the BA 68/69 rotation is going away for the winter (only operates 3x weekly now) and BA 66/67 will move later and then sometime next year it will revert back to the current schedule.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70

I recently took this flight in July of this year. As CIHY stated their is no “Sleeper Service” anymore and onboard you will get a full meal (dinner) and a light breakfast before landing. Pre-flight dining is not as good as it was a couple of years ago. It is now made up of some toasted sandwiches (which are ok), and from what I could see a noodle/dim-sum station. There was also salad, soup, deserts and cheese. There is enough to stop anyone from going hungry.
If you plan to sleep and not have the meal on the plane it may be a good idea to eat beforehand to get a full meal.
Thanks! That is the information I was hoping to get (and what I feared). Based on this, I think I'll plan to eat a proper meal before I get to the lounge.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70

I do miss the “Good Night Express” on the BA66 and “Sleeper Service” on BA 68 as both of these did allow one to maximize sleep on the short Philly to London night flight.
Thanks! That is the information I was hoping to get (and what I feared). Based on this, I think I'll plan to eat a proper meal before I get to the lounge.
Any update on the CW buffet at PHL - are sandwiches and a noodle/dim sum station now the way of things, and if so is the dum sum actually any good? I'm assuming nothing like the CX variety...
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Any update on the CW buffet at PHL - are sandwiches and a noodle/dim sum station now the way of things, and if so is the dum sum actually any good? I'm assuming nothing like the CX variety...
Thanks for the reminder... I meant to update this thread after my recent trip.

I ate a large lunch, and found the lounge offerings to be perfectly fine for a light dinner.

In the general lounge, there are finger sandwiches, cheese and crackers, soup, and other snacks. (For what it’s worth, I think the J side of the lounge has better food options.)

The J pre-flight dining was... eclectic. They had a pasta dish, bread, a salad bar, and a dim sum station (where they made a dumpling-based soup to your specified spice level). Again, I found it perfectly satisfactory for a light dinner. However, the lack of choices might be problematic: if I had not liked the few choices they had, there wouldn’t have been many other things from which to choose.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Am on BA 66 later this week. Any recent updates?

Really hoping to pre-flight dinner and maximize sleep.
OWE, in J, but on AA flight #. Should i have access to the first section of the lounge, and is the food any better in there recently?

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: GGL
I am more concerned about the crappy mid-J 747 we have tonight for BA66
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cjb666
I am more concerned about the crappy mid-J 747 we have tonight for BA66
Sorry to hear that - i thought this route was primarily a Super Hi J. I am 64K on my flight, and just want to sleep - so i don't think that would affect me much - though i guess i need to check now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.