Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday Deals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Black Friday Deals

Historically there has always been something decent for the holiday season, esepcially in J to normal business hubs.

Will we have to wait another week to find out what BA may offer this year or is someone with some inside knowledge going to leak on here sooner.

2 for 2018?
massive increase in the value of part pay by avios?
How about a load of extra reward seats with 'true taxes' ?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Historically there has always been something decent for the holiday season, esepcially in J to normal business hubs.

Will we have to wait another week to find out what BA may offer this year or is someone with some inside knowledge going to leak on here sooner.

2 for 2018? very likely - but covering 20/12-07/01
massive increase in the value of part pay by avios? possibly likely
How about a load of extra reward seats with 'true taxes' ? NO chance
My predictions
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Didn't we have one year of "in response to our customer needs we are releasing more reward seats over Christmas...?" i.e. We will mop up some avios liability rather than offer cheap seats. I expect more of the same.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Nuster
Didn't we have one year of "in response to our customer needs we are releasing more reward seats over Christmas...?" i.e. We will mop up some avios liability rather than offer cheap seats. I expect more of the same.
I think we've already had that for this Christmas too - certainly there appeared to be a lot more availability than normal around then a few weeks ago.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC
It would be great to see CW deals that we've had in the past few years. I believe Black Friday is generally around the last Friday of Nov, so my prediction would be next Thursday for a launch until the Monday, but I'm merely thinking wishfully, as I genuinely do not know.
becks1 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It's Next Friday - I hope dutch is working
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
It would be great to see CW deals that we've had in the past few years. I believe Black Friday is generally around the last Friday of Nov, so my prediction would be next Thursday for a launch until the Monday, but I'm merely thinking wishfully, as I genuinely do not know.

I saw LHR-LAX return in Y for 175 GBP on black Friday (Nov 25th) for a few tickets with NZ. Never seen something like that before!
I wonder what BA will come up with!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I think we've already had that for this Christmas too - certainly there appeared to be a lot more availability than normal around then a few weeks ago.
'yes but we have not yet had the brass band telling everyone what a great deal the 3 card truck really is
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Nuster
'yes but we have not yet had the brass band telling everyone what a great deal the 3 card truck really is
We did, actually! Came through on promotional email in mid June!!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Anything from BA approaching the €1500 FRA-SYD fare on CA from last year (€200 cancellation fee) would be appreciated!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:11 am

Fingers crossed. I'm looking...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
It's always the fourth Friday in November. It's the day after the US Thanksgiving, the fourth Thursday in November. Named Black Friday because, well, I went to check why, and found about four explanations and not the one I'd heard...

Recently Black Friday sales have been starting earlier than this, especially in countries which don't celebrate it. Which is everyone else.
Calchas and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Smid
It's always the fourth Friday in November. It's the day after the US Thanksgiving, the fourth Thursday in November. Named Black Friday because, well, I went to check why, and found about four explanations and not the one I'd heard...

Recently Black Friday sales have been starting earlier than this, especially in countries which don't celebrate it. Which is everyone else.
Isn’t this the day retailers start to be profitable (eg the accounts are in the black not in the red).

Actually I have heard that when Black Friday falls on a Sunday, BA offers J returns to most destinations for £999...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Actually I have heard that when Black Friday falls on a Sunday, BA offers J returns to most destinations for £999...
Ha! But still more expensive than on Viking Day.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

Sounds good

Oddly enough, I’ve heard that when it falls on April 1st, those J returns are offered at £499.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.