Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does Santa fly BA!? - experiences on 24th/25th Dec

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Santa fly BA!? - experiences on 24th/25th Dec

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I assume the car park shuttles are fine?
May look at the POD parking if that's going to be functional on the 23rd and 26th, and there's not a major price mark-up.

Added:
£88 for the LHR T5 long stay car park with Heathrow direct. £94.99 with goodtogo parking
£120 for POD parking.
£52 for the HGI on Friday 22nd so day off work is looking the better option although there doesn't seem to be any trains out of Kings Cross on the 26th going up north.
Can do Goodtogo's drop & go the night before (10pm 22nd) for £74.99 or (5am 23rd) £70.99.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 15, 2017 at 2:12 am
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Uber is a great way to get around and not limit urself to walkable hotels.

Central London is quite quiet and eerily empty (and fun) on Xmas day. Better than airport hotel...
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Santa is sometimes to be seen in T5 over this period He did an excellent job assuring my kids that he would know where to find them in South America on Christmas Eve.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:41 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Uber is a great way to get around and not limit urself to walkable hotels.

Central London is quite quiet and eerily empty (and fun) on Xmas day. Better than airport hotel...
Is Uber allowed to pickup from LHR terminals? Haven't really paid attention to recent developments re. Uber and London.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by xenole
Ithere doesn't seem to be any trains out of Kings Cross on the 26th going up north.
many rail operators have no service on Dec 26th

Virgin East coast has no service
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I am flying to LHR on Christmas Day and flying out on Boxing Day. When I was looking at hotels and transport I ended up coming to the conclusion that it would just be easier to pay a bit more than I usually do and book the Sofitel. I didn't realise that HEX operated inter-terminal shuttles during the day.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:13 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Is Uber allowed to pickup from LHR terminals? Haven't really paid attention to recent developments re. Uber and London.
Assuming their ability to operate remains unchanged, this is their drivers' guide to dropping off and picking up at LHR: https://www.uber.com/en-GB/drive/lon...orts/heathrow/

I've used Uber to get home from T5 numerous times. The pick-up area in the car park gets crowded and chaotic, and is in a place where mobile signal is unreliable (at least for my phone, on Three), but it works.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I'd expect Uber to be running as normal on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They drop off at departures and pick up inside the short stay car park.
AJLondon likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Surely "Father Christmas" and not "Santa" on a British Airline?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Well Santa is a Spanish word, probably, and BA is practically a Spanish airline.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm flying to LAX on 23rd December, will there be any Turkey for me or is it just Christmas Eve and Day? Presume the crew on my flight will be spending Christmas away?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I might try and scurry away from one of those if offered.
Oh, oops!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:18 am

i am also flkying from LHR on Christmas Day. i have checked with my local taxi firm and they will be running as normal, i just need to book in advance. i assume the tube and trains will be a non-starter.

i am hoping T5 and the lounge will be nice and quiet!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I once flew AMS to LHR on Xmas day and the taxi from T4 (which was BA's home for AMS services at the time) to Ealing cost me more than the flight. The flight was empty (I am talking around 20-30 pax) and the service was the same (i.e. drink and snack in Y- those were the good old pre Cruz days).

Interestingly, the only other occasion I have flown on Xmas day, which was CX to HK, both the flight and T3 were totally rammed.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rtidrtid
i am also flkying from LHR on Christmas Day. i have checked with my local taxi firm and they will be running as normal, i just need to book in advance. i assume the tube and trains will be a non-starter.

i am hoping T5 and the lounge will be nice and quiet!
Flew from LHR on Christmas Day in 2015 and got an Uber with no problem: 28 minutes and £32 for the 15 miles from Chelsea to T4 and the terminal and Sky Team lounge were both lovely and quiet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.